I'm a Celebrity 2018

Any markets not covered in the other boards
spreadbetting

I can imagine Barrowman getting very irritating after a while, very much a one trick pony. I'd agree with Emily, comes across very well so far and thrown herself into the trials which is always a good sign. My only bets so far have been a lay of Anne :shock: and backing Emily with that stake.

Very much an open field this year and everyone behaves in the first few days so be good to see how things pan out, can see a few of the oldies not being PC enough for today's audiences and putting their foot in it soon. Fleur is coming across well so be good to see how she performs in a task even that Rita seems a decent outsider at 23ish. No idea what she was like on eastenders if she had a following etc but so far doesn't really justify a high price certainly not higher than the drip James.

£308K matched already which is probably more than big brother got in all 64 days so could well be one of the few specials markets worth playing.
ShaunWhite

spreadbetting wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:56 pm
I can imagine Barrowman getting very irritating after a while.
A while? He's always been irritating.

I wondered about Rita, especially if Uncle Alan unboxes his warehouse full of unsold AMSDialer2000's and flames the phone lines.
SeaHorseRacing

This topic makes me laugh.

It just looks like a bunch of blokes who sound around 50+ just desperate for 9pm each night to check out Holly and Emily until the spend the follow 24 hours dreaming about them again...
spreadbetting

ShaunWhite wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:48 pm
spreadbetting wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:56 pm
I can imagine Barrowman getting very irritating after a while.
A while? He's always been irritating.
I didn't want to offend the forum's Barrowman fans , Shaun.

Looks like my lay of Ann was the right call, hard to see her lasting the course. Ruled out of the next one too. Obviously she could turn things round massively if she overcomes her fears but she looked shot scared unlike most of the celebs who play the game to come back after some poor starts.
Last edited by spreadbetting on Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dallas

Its got the highest viewing figures for the launch show in 5 years and also the highest rating this year outside of the World Cup

Must be a lot of Willougby fans out there
SeaHorseRacing

Harry is killing this show... still feel he may cock up over the next few weeks... surprised he’s not a 6:4 shot slowly turning into a one horse race.
spreadbetting

A lot will depend on how he performs in the trials, if he really hasn't watched the show he's in for a shock and depends if he'll play ball.
powlesy2000

I think Harry appeals to the likes of us in this forum (and i dont suspect we'll be doin much voting) but not so much to the kids that will vote.
LeTiss

I've said it before, the editors have a huge impact on the show, and therefore from our point of view, the market prices too - last night John Barrowman and Nick Knowles were painted favourably and steamed in, whilst early favourites Harry and Emily both drifted significantly. Anne Hegerty also drifted, which a couple here predicted would happen - not sure why hanyone backed her so heavily, she was always going to fail on a show like this
ShaunWhite

LeTiss wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:22 am
I've said it before, the editors have a huge impact on the show, and therefore from our point of view, the market prices too - last night John Barrowman and Nick Knowles were painted favourably and steamed in, whilst early favourites Harry and Emily both drifted significantly. Anne Hegerty also drifted, which a couple here predicted would happen - not sure why hanyone backed her so heavily, she was always going to fail on a show like this
When Nick threw that pillow to Anne he might as well have been throwing tenners our way. Cynics will say he's gameplaying but he's just a decent bloke. Looks like Noel isn't just on 100k more than anyone else, he's also planning on just playing the 2nd half. Noel was on a classic car rally across SE asia a few weeks ago, he still insufferably arrogant, so same expected in the jungle.
Dallas

ShaunWhite wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 3:51 pm
LeTiss wrote:
When Nick threw that pillow to Anne he might as well have been throwing tenners our way. Cynics will say he's gameplaying but he's just a decent bloke. Looks like Noel isn't just on 100k more than anyone else, he's also planning on just playing the 2nd half. Noel was on a classic car rally across SE asia a few weeks ago, he still insufferably arrogant, so same expected in the jungle.
I was just going to ask if anyone has seen that (celebs go rallying) he was super competitive and likes to win so think he'd be up for anything on here and is unlikely to put his foot in it the same way as some of the other older guys might
LeTiss

Dallas wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:10 pm
unlikely to put his foot in it the same way as some of the other older guys might
Like me?

I'd be evicted after 2 days :lol:
jimibt

LeTiss wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:24 pm
Dallas wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:10 pm
unlikely to put his foot in it the same way as some of the other older guys might
Like me?

I'd be evicted after 2 days :lol:
i very much doubt you'd stay silent for 2 days :D
spreadbetting

ShaunWhite wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 3:51 pm
LeTiss wrote:
Edmonds knows TV inside out, might be an arrogant tw@ when it comes to a race but he knows to reign it in on a reality show. I think certain people's masks may well slip but Edmonds was in the business for a long time plus few voters will know of him other than his large fee, I think he may well put on the charm for this as he needs it.
Jukebox

Adding Edmonds to the mix after the main group have sorted their bonds out is likely to cause problems. I can forsee Edmonds, Barrowman and Knowles clashing in the adjustment - this could create both heroes and villains. The producers no doubt have something awkward lined up for Edmond's arrival intended to stir it up.
If one is looking for market opportunities Hegarty has too many points against her to justify short odds - Likelhood of self eliminination is a big one and lack of participation is another. She might be protected and edited favourably but can she appeal to the voting audience enough to be a winner without entertaining. Khan's stock can easily improve from the incredibly high odds currently assigned - and she would have to do something drastic to drift any further.
The demographics of the voting audience in possibly not as young as one might imagine - Foggarty and Tufnell victories among others suggest its not all made up of twenty somethings voting for popstars, eyecandy and reality starlets.

Return to “Other Betfair Sports Trading markets”