Betfair Premium - I shouldn't be paying

News, chat and debate about the Betfair betting exchange.
ShaunWhite

Derek27 wrote:
Sun Apr 12, 2020 2:48 am
If you have a few successful weeks and then start making a lifetime loss, some of your PC allowance will be used up, just like PC payers can end up in a lifetime loss - you don't get your PC back but still get credited for paying it should you get profitable again.
ahhh i see now. I hadn't read/understood that the guy could have used that before going -ve. I thought it has been used in error while in lifetime loss.

With that and the simple PC calc formula you're really schooling me today Derek :) How about a simple formula for aus commission including dogs/horses, state rate, race types and escalating commission discount rates? I could do with one of those :) tbh '6 or 7%ish give or take a little bit' works well enough for aus, for me.
Derek27

That's what the lockdown does - it gets you thinking. :)

I use an Access database with a table to hold all the meetings, a linked table for the jurisdiction, and for AUS meetings another lookup that lists all the States, with a field for the commission rate. So if the commission rate changes for a State I just need to change one field. The VBA behind the forms includes points calculation, depreciation and discount rates. :)

The last time commission rates changed in Australia I had to manually go through each meeting record to make corrections before eventually modifying the database. :oops:
rik

you must have had at least one good week when starting out initially, you don have to worry about premium charge anytime soon

Return to “Betfair exchange”