What would make you move your business to Betdaq?

The purple place, the most viable alternative to the Betfair exchange
jimrobo

If you could get a big enough group together of people that will definately commit to betdaq then I would add myself to the list and commit one day a week as long as everyone could agree the day.

It would make an interesting experiment if nothing else and may prove to be a tipping point if it is succesful.
jimrobo

sorry double posted!!
drifter

I would love to be able to trade on Betdaq full time. I did try it at one point last year. In the end I had to admit defeat due to the liquidity issue.

I am not sure that moving the traders would make all the difference. I think they need a higher profile amongst punters. How many people that you know have heard of Betfair but know nothing about Betdaq?

They really need some big publicity campaign. Maybe a competition with a great prize.

I love purple 8-)
Cran

I tried betdaq a while back and found that I just couldn't lose as much as I can on betfair.

The two main reasons I don't use betdaq are 1) not as much liquidity (but for the amounts I trade that isn't always a problem) and 2) the trading software isn't as good as betfair.

what would make me move to betdaq?

Nothing at the moment, and even if I start paying premium charge why would I want to move if I'm being successful on betfair.

80% of a lot is better than 100% of a little.
Westerner

"Nothing at the moment, and even if I start paying premium charge why would I want to move if I'm being successful on betfair.

80% of a lot is better than 100% of a little."

Cran - I'd love you to come back and say that again once you start paying it. It's very hard to put in the hours and then have 20% taken off you at the end of the week after you've already paid 4% (in my case) commission

:cry:
Nero Tulip

They need to welcome cross polination of markets between exchanges. It is the only realistically quick way they could induce massive amounts of more action. I know they aren't against this currently, if you look at the number of people who simply copy across prices between BF and BQ, but not much gets matched, and I know this annoys them.

BF prohibit people like BetAngel making linked applications, but what is to stop Betdaq? An application that bets into all Exchanges is ultimately what is required, can they not make this themselves? I guess Betfair's API contract might prohibit it, which is a shame, because that is what would bring about some proper competition in the exchange market.

Failing that, they need to be different. Offer something alternative that Betfair don't. Seems to me they've copied the model for the most part. When the other place already has all the chickens and eggs, how are you going to break that up? Incentives aren't enough, the product needs altering to offer more entertainment, maybe something social? Let the users see each other, profile pages, twitter? live chat next to markets? I dunno.
gutuami

if they could offer a no commission if you place a lay bet per race then we could try to offset bf premium by backing on bf and laying on bd. Or at least to offer no commision on first 3bets of the day, or on certain markets and so on. Also no charges for moneybookers transactions. Better charts with no 'optical ilusions'....
warriorpt

jimrobo wrote:If you could get a big enough group together of people that will definately commit to betdaq then I would add myself to the list and commit one day a week as long as everyone could agree the day.

It would make an interesting experiment if nothing else and may prove to be a tipping point if it is succesful.
I think only this will make me move to BetDaq. As much advantages that betdaq could come up, if everyone keeps trading at betfair that would not make me change.

They could come up with something like the "trading day" where you will get even lower comission. That could open the eyes of betfair and make them lower their comission too.
nachtwacht

warriorpt wrote:That could open the eyes of betfair and make them lower their comission too.
You don't want that... yes, maybe as the end result, but not so fast. You want 2 companies big enough to be able to compete to eachoter and that each will have to make their customers happy. That will be the only way that both will improve.

I also don't understand something else, but maybe that is because I am to new to this....

Some people seem to suggest that they would realy like it if all traders would move together to Betdaq.

Is that who you want to compete against ? Against the professionals ?

So how about the following idea for Betdaq....

Zero comission for small accounts that make small profits are atleast, accounts that trade infrequently. (maybe something like the first 20 bets are for free every month or 10 a week... they will know better how to qualify the normal gambler)

Let the professional traders (yes, everybody here) pay a little more and let the normal punters play for free.

That sounds like a good way to attract customers. And that is what you want. You want more normal people there that place their bets there and you don't want Betdaq to just be crowded with sharks.

Good way to also help Betdaq out a little with that (since I realy think having 2 big companies is a lot better than only 1) is that everybody that always advertises Betfair on their blogs and websites stops doing that and starts advertising Betdaq.
SpikeyBob

I would consider moving to BetDaq if Betfair kept crashing on a regular basis, but Betfair provide us with such a good service that could never possibly happen .... could it?

:)
nachtwacht

Well, I just moved there but 2 things immediatly made me not like it all.

1) BetAngel is missing some features in the Betdaq version wich it is having in the Betfair version (greening up from the ladder is what I am missing most the first 5 minutes I traded)

2) Greening up does not work if the stake is smaller than the minimum.

Especialy that last thing makes it a lot more difficult to trade on Betdaq. I currently trade with 10 euro positions and usualy the profits are so small that every time I would not be able to green it up.

Maybe I am doing something wrong... I for sure hope so.....
aligammack

As most of the obvious things have already been said I’m going to try and think outside the box.

Maybe contract the help of x (10’s, 100’s, 1000’s????) of traders that will trade Betdaq each day.
In return Betdaq could
• Pay them a basic salary or
• Pay them a bonus if Betdaq reaches a pre-defined target of market share or
• Give them a small percentage of the company.
• Or all of the above

Basically I think what I’m trying to say is some kind of future loyalty bonus that rewards those that consciously help betdaq reach its targets.

I don’t know if this is do-able and haven’t really given it much thought. I just wanted to add something as I would very much like to see a competitor to Betfair and stop the monopoly.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

Thank you for all your valuable feedback. Betdaq are planning to come down and see us next week so if you want to throw anything else into the mix, please post up your thoughts.
LeTiss

Bet Angel wrote:Thank you for all your valuable feedback. Betdaq are planning to come down and see us next week so if you want to throw anything else into the mix, please post up your thoughts.
I know some people are confused by Betdaq's different liquidity figures

Traders & punters feel comfortable with Betfair, so perhaps replicating the way Betfair increase the markets matched figure would be a good idea

I also think they should target the bigger traders who will obviously drive Betdaq's rise. Perhaps for people who trade 'x' amount of money per week they could have an 6 month period of zero commission
andyfuller

LeTiss 4pm wrote:I also think they should target the bigger traders who will obviously drive Betdaq's rise.
I personally disagree with this. In my opinion the main reason people are not willing to make a move is because of the lack of liquidity. Therefore bigger traders will struggle to get matched much more than smaller traders.

When I tried Betdaq when the Premium Charge first came out I was a relatively small trader and could get matched okay. Not as easily as I could on Betfair but okay. However, now I trade with larger amounts I struggle to get them matched over at Betdaq. Therefore I think it would be much easier for the smaller trader to make the move.

If a lot of smaller traders moved over this would create liquidity which would eventually facilitate the bigger traders and punters.

Also people often say that the bigger traders are the sharks and the smaller traders are the fish. Wouldn't it therefore make sense to try and trade where the sharks aren't?

Finally I read somewhere on this forum that Betdaq should encourage the bookmakers to use Betdaq to hedge etc. If you speak to bookmakers on course this is exactly what they currently do. Most bookmakers use Betdaq already - if you watch the markets over there this creates some very good trading opportunities.

Return to “Betdaq exchange”