Betdaq live video

The purple place, the most viable alternative to the Betfair exchange
LinusP

I have, created a master spreadsheet that had prices being fed from betdaq and betfair. It worked but I was too slow, there are people out there who are doing the same but with the betdaq and betfair api that are quick.

I am sure there is an edge in running a HFT strategy across the two exchanges but not sure if there is enough real money on betdaq to make it worthwhile.
steven1976

Hi Linus
I think for two exchanges its probably difficult if the same market makers are running them. If it was 3 markets then it would probably be easier. However the last time that happened as far as I'm aware, smarkets had to ban the lads account at the request of their market makers. Their is a thread about it somewhere on here I think in regards to smarkets

Ste
andyfuller

Deeppockets wrote:Yes I noticed this earlier in the week. It seems you do have to have a matched bet to watch. I have noticed that if you scratch before the off it doesn't count, so you need to have an open position whilst going in play.
Thanks for that, that was pretty much the conclusion I came to. I found that before you click on the live video button for the race you need to have an open position.

It will then load up and remain watchable even if you then go and scratch your position afterwards.

The key is not to open the video before opening a position as that seems to screw it up a bit and make it reluctant to load even if you then have an open position.

A pain but seemingly nothing Betdaq can do about it but I did like being able to load the video as soon as I switched to the market and then I could concentrate on trading rather than looking to open a position then open the video then go back to trading. If the race is off say in less than a minute it can waste valuable time.

Return to “Betdaq exchange”