Newbie requesting landing

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
Strela_999

Hello everyone,

I'm Alexandre, 27, from Belgium, and i'd like to try betting on sports on a more serious note than what I used to do. I'm not entirely new to the whole concept of betting, since I've been doing it at bars or with friends since my high school days ; I was reminded of this recently by an article in the news, and I quickly remembered that I used to make some nice money out of it.

So, I'm here in order to learn new tricks, to see how the "pros" are doing, in order to become better than I used to be and to make, well, more money out of that.

I hope I won't ask retarded questions, and that I'll soon have success stories of my own!
Derek27

Welcome to the forum Alexandre. I didn't know you could bet in bars in Belgium. Although I drink and trade at home it's generally not a good mix. :)
ShaunWhite

Welcome.
Not much for straight betting here. It's 95% trading.

The debate continues about whether or not they are the same :)
StellaBot

Its simple variance and prediction of such
Nothing less or more
northbound

Welcome Alexandre.

Betting is great, if you take favourable odds. Spotting them is the difficult part, an art form some may say.
Strela_999

Thanks for your welcome!

Yes, I know that betting and trading aren't exactly the same thing, but they're still related... and I'd like to dig deeper in the subject anyways.
And these were not "official" bets with bookmakers or anything, but most of the time, just a couple guys betting on the horse race or football match to decide who's paying the next round of beers :lol: but when I did bet some money, I happened to be quite lucky ; I'm still just unsure of whether it was because I had luck, because I picked up the right one to back, or if I was betting with people drunker than I was!
ShaunWhite

All sucessful gambling & trading is about only one thing, "value", aka risk/reward.
Just get a better return than the likelihood of the situation actually occuring.

The classic example is the coin toss.
If you get £1.90 back for each £ you bet....you'll go broke.
If you get £2.10 back for each £ you bet....you'll be rich.

It's NOT about picking winners, that's a concept a lot of regular Joe's struggle with.
mindhunt3r

welcome to forum.
Euler

Greetings from the land of brexit
jimibt

Euler wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 4:05 pm
... and other fairy tales :)
ShaunWhite

Euler wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 4:05 pm
oooooo that's brave, "Light blue touch paper and retire to a safe distance"

I was in quite a good mood too until you reminded me of that, thx.

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”