One step forward, two steps back.

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
I)@v1d

Thanks again for your helpful support and advice. Looks like there's a sensible strategy to follow. I'm caught between the devil and the deep blue sea. I'd like to see a return on my investment in time and money. I don't want this opportunity to turn into a waste of valuable resources. I'd gladly put the hours in if I could make £10 a race. I beat myself up when I lose.
Galilee66

I suspect I have spotted the first issue that needs addressing - " . . . a sophisticated trading tool that does it all for you . . ." :o

Bet Angel is a sophisticated trading tool - but it won't "do it all for you!" As the other forum members have suggested, learn to use the tool, read the forum contributions from traders who have been through all the trials and tribulations, watch the videos, and then practice over and over again until you build your confidence. For the first 3 or 4 months I was making 40 or 50 cents from a successful trade - but I was learning.

I set myself a modest weekly target for the first year (I am now in my third year of trading) and now I make more than that initial weekly target in a day.
But, I still have along way to go.

You must serve your apprenticeship and pay for your lessons in the form of losses - believe me that nagging feeling in your gut that follows a loss - especially due to my own stupid mistake drives home the lesson better than any course or book could ever do.

Good luck with your trading - but I suspect you need to significantly recast your mental approach - that is the secret to becoming a good trader.

Galilee66
luke726

I was the same as you mate thinking i had found the golden egg it soon hit me i didnt. i started 2 years ago ish and found it hard. one day was good two days were bad.i would say keep records (excel) and find a edge the only way to test this is say put £50 in your account make sure all your stake size is the same when it comes to ticks i.e 1.01-2.00 £15 2.00-3.00 £12.5 3.00-4.00 £7 4.00-6.00 £5.. now trade as much as you can dont go in play or gamble after 500 races go to your excel sheet see how your doing.if your at a loss keep going with other 500 races i know it seems slow but its a trade you have to learn.you dont become a welder in 2 weeks it takes 3 years at least trading has taken me on and off 2 years i have gave up lots of time but come back fighting thinking i will crack this now its happeneing not as much as i would like but its getting there i would say on average am making off a £400 back 15% back a day any thing else i take out as i want to learn a lot more before i up my bank. a good site that helped me on my way is www.jimmakos.com i was in a dream world till i read that. and i found a good vid by peter webb the other day let me find it..... :roll: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHv-RBvu4Yo found it :)

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”