back odds 1000

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
UKJamie

Still learning how it all works and still paper trading. (A bit bloomin awkward living in Turkey as I cant sign up a betfair account - not allowed here) but moving back to UK soon...

I am continuing to do ok with backing 0-0 and waiting for around 20 mins then laying at lower odds (seems to be around £50 average a match) although lost one to an early goal but so far well into profit on paper...
Started with £1000 bank usually put £100 back bets and would have albeit on paper £1687.25 after the first week.

Anyway my question as I noticed something weird on the betfair site....
After the first goal it cannot obviosly be 0-0 anymore but I see there is cash available sitting in the 0-0 at odds of 1000...
Had I layed the 0-0 correct score say at odds of 9.4 for £50 would I then be able to back at 1000 for 0.47p to give me a green up of £49.53 ??
Seems too good to be true so it probably is, but my question (as I havent got a betfair account yet) is would I actually be able to back the 0-0 after the goal had gone in, or would betfair not accept the bet?

Hope this makes sense and sorry if its a stupid question.....

EDIT....
What a numpty I just figured out I would already have won £50 for the successful lay!!!
andyfuller

:lol:

Also you wouldn't be able to place less than £2 as in order to place less than £2 the software places a bet of £2.00 at 1000.0 and then alters it to say £2.49 giving a bet of £2 and a bet of £0.49, it would then cancel the £2.00 and adjust the odds on the £0.49 bet. However, the initial £2 at 1000.0 would be matched straight away so when the odds are 1000.0 the least you can place is £2.

Simples!

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”