Portable trading setup

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
Ambettor

Hi all – has anyone put together a mobile trading setup like Peters ‘interesting bag’ video ? – I have a laptop but would like to add an additional portable monitor so I can trade when I’m away from home. (and at home) In the vid Peter shows a portable screen connected to his laptop which then allows him to scroll seamlessly between different elements of BetAngel – Can I do the same thing with Bet Angel Trader? If so, (not being particularly Tech savvy) how would I achieve this? Also, I’m interested in the cellular enabled ipad which can be used to provide a backup internet connection if the main wifi signal fails for some reason..? How do you create a wifi hot spot on an ipad that your laptop can connect to if the main wifi goes down? Be great to hear from someone who has their head round this sort of stuff. Cheers
ShaunWhite

Not sure about iPads but scrolling across multiple displays is a std feature of your display settings in windows.

Presumably you can go into your phone /pad settings and enable hotspot (you can on Android anyway). It should then appear as an available connect from the laptop.
Ambettor

Thanks Shaun - good to hear from you again.
cheers
ShaunWhite

Switching to a backup connection isn't always as straightforward as it seems. BA is fine and carries on working 👍 but I always have to close my browsers before they'll connect properly again.
northbound

Ambettor wrote:
Thu May 31, 2018 8:29 pm
the cellular enabled ipad which can be used to provide a backup internet connection if the main wifi signal fails for some reason..?
What don’t you use a VPS server?

It’s basically a remote computer on which you install BetAngel. You can leave it on 24/7.

Connect to the VPS with your laptop for everyday trading.

If your main internet connection fails, connect to the VPS with 4G on a smartphone and quickly greenup.
MemphisFlash

try the ASUS Zenscreen conntected to your laptop, it runs on a USB 3 drawing all it's power from the laptop. No need for battery pack.
It is a 15.4 inch screen and very light.
That is what i use.

https://uk.video.search.yahoo.com/yhs/s ... tion=click
ShaunWhite

Wherever you trade, don't use public wifi or some dodgy hotel offering. The recent fraud thread should be an eye opener.
Ambettor

Thanks to ShaunWhite, northbound & memphis Flash

Good of you all to take the trouble to help.
cheers

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”