Dobbing woth guardian

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
mattyg3033

Hi everyone,

Im new to trading and am starting with a dobbing and back to lay strategys, i have set the bot in guardian to dob for me and its all set and ready to go im sure ive done it all correct but then when the race goes off no bets go in to the market so i must have a setting wrong somewhere sorry for the dumb question but im not good with computers at all of course the 4 selections i choose today all won but the bloody bets didnt go in lol.

Thanks
MemphisFlash

funny how the horse always wins when you dont put money on it.
Dallas

Difficult to say without seeing the bot if its that or perhaps your guardian settings.

You could try the one from the shared files section on here, if that works for you then you know its your bot and if not its something to do with your guardian settings
viewtopic.php?f=52&t=13629
mattyg3033

hi dallas

thanks for your help ive managed to add your folder but still the bets didnt place when i had nominated which horse. heres a screenshot of it. do i need to turn guardian on or setup some global setting or something like that possibly?

Thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dallas

It looks like you may be in a different timezone to the UK or at least have the wrong time zone selected on the main Betfair site
The horse you have nominated in guardian 'Penny Poet' does not run for another 35mins (20:00pm UK time)
Jukebox

Your update rate looks to be set at 1 second judging by the last updated times on your screenshot. You also seem to have lots of markets loaded in the guardian. The file you are using only has a ten second window to place your bet and it probably is missing this window each time it looks. Suggest you decrease the refresh interval from one second to something a lot faster. Go to 'market' tab in gurdian and use drop down for refresh interval select at least 100ms for ten times faster cycling.
mattyg3033

Thanks guys yes my timezone is 1 hour out any idea how i can charge this? i was just using the penny poet selection as an example. I will change that speed setting now also. Cheers
mattyg3033

this is reallly strange on the betfair site my time zone is correct and it rightly says penny poet is running at 8pm but then on my bet angel software and other softwares the time is an hour out so frustrating any ideas??

thanks
mattyg3033

i have managerd to sort the time difference will try the guardian again now
mattyg3033

the race time in bet angel is now the same as betfair website could it be something to do with the last update time?

Thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dallas

mattyg3033 wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:32 pm
the race time in bet angel is now the same as betfair website could it be something to do with the last update time?

Thanks
It depends on the arm times you have in your rules, if you delete out all of tomorrow's races then try your rule again, if that doesn't work try mine on the last race

Glad you got the time part sorted it def wouldn't have worked while that was an hour out so that needed doing regardless
mattyg3033

just tried yours on that didnt bloody work ahhhhhhh.
Dallas

From what I can see in your screen shot there is no reason why it shouldn't be working - one last thing to check tonight on the top of guardian click the 'Advanced settings' tab and check to ensure the restrict refresh option isn't ticked.

Then tomorrow can you do the following

Just load a max of 5 markets
take away the side window in guardian so the full guardian screen is showing
With the market selected in Guardian (so its highlighted blue) click the log tab at the bottom of guardian
Then take a screenshot with the main BA screen on the left as you have been doing as that market goes in-play and post that
mattyg3033

thanks so much dallas i got it working mate.

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”