Sorry noob automation question

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
theurbanminer

Hi folks, new to this so please excuse any ignorance.
I work 30 miles from home and don't have access to Betangel other than home pc. Can't use work one.
Automating some trades on horse markets therefore during the day would be ideal. I've set up some rules,tried them out and am all set up to go.
Logged in this morning before work loaded the markets I wanted and attached the bot I wanted to use to them. So I think this will save the command and log off Betangel and then log back on just to make sure and my bot is all set up still and they have disappeared ??
Question is does Betangel have to be active on a pc for automation to work or am I missing something in saving this to work while I am away at work ?
I can't leave my home pc running all day so there must be a way to save this and walk away ?
Can anyone enlighten me?
theurbanminer

Think I may have answered my own question. At work and now have had time to search the forum and have found this has been asked before and that apparently Betangel software has to be on a live pc for automation to work.
As I really don't want to leave my home pc on all the time so it seems I cannot actually "automate" this the way I wanted to. ;)
Have to have a rethink then :?
sionascaig

You could always use a VPS solution (so the software runs on a remote server) - see the betangel home site for details..
theurbanminer

I could but that wouldn't be money well spent right now. I've got just over a week to go and I will be working from home permanently.
Just have to be patient I guess :D :D :D
CallumPerry

Just lock your screen, leave the electrics on and lock the door behind you. It's the cheapest and easiest solution at the moment. If your automation rules make a few pennies it will cover the electric bill for one computer on standby ;) May I ask why you can't leave it running all day?
theurbanminer

Hi Callum, it's not that I can't leave the pc running it's just I didn't want to :D
I'm sure the trades will make money and I'm just being a penny pincher.
Will do some trades on late races when I get home tonight just to make sure strategy is sound and probably leave it running tomorrow.

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”