new user to soccer mystic/betangel

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
dontommy

Hey.
I have for the last few months been interested in starting up on the trading thing on betfair mostly on soccer.

And I found the site soccermystic, and it looks interesting.

But my question to you guys is. Do I really need this software if I want to trade seriously? I havent really found out what I should use it for. As I can just keep track of the odds etc on betfair as the game goes on, and then place the bets/trades after that?
JollyGreen

Soccer mystic is used for not only placing your orders and automatically calculating your positions, it is also a risk analysis tool. You can check "what if" scenarios and then simulate the predicted odds by adjusting the time.

It's a very clever tool and takes the guesswork out of trading football.

Have a look at these videos

Profit based on time
Over and Under Goals market

You will find other videos there too!
LeTiss

I'm not sure what BA's future plans are for Soccer Mystic, but I'm an experienced football trader and I hardly ever use it.
It's really annoying that Soccer Mystic racks up data usage charges, unless the data requests are dropped to 10 from Betfair. However, when I generally have 25 markets or so in Guardian & connected to Excel sheets this is massively restricting

I think Soccer Mystic has many good features, but gets underused due to not being incorporated within BA
MarketTrader

LeTiss 4pm wrote:However, when I generally have 25 markets or so in Guardian & connected to Excel sheets this is massively restricting
So how are you getting around this?

Also, as I understand it you can have 1,000,000 markets linked to excel and as long as you set the data request (total) to around 18/second you should be ok as long as you are not using any other API software.

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”