Full of it!

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
mulberryhawk

Ha ha, love the relaxing music! I must try that when im trading tomorrow, maybe it will help my god awful trading. Thanks for the new vid, its really helpful.

Just a couple of questions in relation to your choice of horses to trade. From what i can remember today in the first example the fav galiotta was heavily supported in the market, With alot of movement. Also in the last example there was a massive swing between the fav carriteau and duke of malfi. Why miss out on these other high volume, high volatility trades to scalp these other selections.

And also in the second example, when you opened your trade the market moved about 4-5 ticks away from your closing trade but you chose not to close out. Was this decision to leave your position open down to full market depth?

I have just started trading properly every day (very badly I might add), and I have to say the market seems impossible to predict with the big plunger nudging the market in the direction he wants it to go.

The issue I have with this type of activity is that its very difficult to learn why these large positions are being taken other than to correct the book %. I know its probably asking too much but it would be really interesting to see how you would manage your positions in a market with the boy plunger about :?
ulsterboy84

i tryed 5 races lose all, however only small stakes im goin to watch all your videos again because now i respect you and all the traders on here.

sorry if i sounded cheeky with my first post was just a bit pist!

I need more practise i think, mabey a few years but i want to have your faith in the markets. how do you know the market was going to change or when would you have exited cause i would have took a loss if i was in your position on second and third race

Anyone wants to give me advice please do even pm and thanks

.ps Can i have your autograph
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

mulberryhawk wrote:Ha ha, love the relaxing music! I must try that when im trading tomorrow, maybe it will help my god awful trading. Thanks for the new vid, its really helpful.
My office is a hot bed of serenity and calm. I think people often feel you need lots of shouting and bravado when trading, but I just remain very focused on what is in front of me on the screen.
mulberryhawk wrote:Just a couple of questions in relation to your choice of horses to trade. From what i can remember today in the first example the fav galiotta was heavily supported in the market, With alot of movement. Also in the last example there was a massive swing between the fav carriteau and duke of malfi. Why miss out on these other high volume, high volatility trades to scalp these other selections.
I just wanted to do some simple trades as an example.
mulberryhawk wrote:And also in the second example, when you opened your trade the market moved about 4-5 ticks away from your closing trade but you chose not to close out. Was this decision to leave your position open down to full market depth?
If you replay the video and watch my mouse you can see what I was watching. Bear in mind I have charts up as well and I am watching those for a clue as to how the market is interacting overall.
mulberryhawk wrote:I have just started trading properly every day (very badly I might add), and I have to say the market seems impossible to predict with the big plunger nudging the market in the direction he wants it to go.

The issue I have with this type of activity is that its very difficult to learn why these large positions are being taken other than to correct the book %. I know its probably asking too much but it would be really interesting to see how you would manage your positions in a market with the boy plunger about :?
Half the time it goes in my favour and half the time not. But if there is a big spike in one direction it often retraces, so I may open a new position on the plunge and average out my entry point and wait for it to re-trace a bit. I think there was one instance where I got caught cold yesterday by a large order.
mulberryhawk

Thanks for the reply and insight into some of the decision making process you go through. As always very informative and helpful :)

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”