Please point me in the right direction - Automation

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
yz250

Hi,

I believe I've found a profitable idea on certain markets which I'm trying to automate. I've never used Betangel for any automation, so instead of spending hours trying to work it out, I'm hoping someone can tell me firstly is this possible, and secondly where should I start reading.

Ideally what I want to be able to do is back a horse automatically when certain criteria are met:

- I only want it for certain meetings/markets so I will need to be able to filter/choose the events I want at the start of the day.
- Have it only work between a certain time frame before the scheduled start/jump time (eg between 10 to 5 minutes to go). If its closer than 5 mins to the jump I want it to not bet.
- Have it check for a certain WOM %. It will need to only look at the best and 2nd best back/lay price. I don't want it looking at the 3rd best or worse. Eg. 40% or lower (more money wanting to back) WOM for the 2 best back/lay prices
- The price of the runner will need to be within a certain % of a rated price I give it (eg. within 15% of a rated price (in excel?))
- The bet size will be staked according to the last traded price.

Can Bet Angel even get close to doing this or do I need to look at a custom piece of software?

Thanks
CallumPerry

With Excel absolutely you can do all of those things, you just need to quantify all of those variables in a dashboard sheet i.e. list of course names, Wom calcs. There's a countdown cell you can use to trigger time periods and forbid bets being made outside of those desired periods. Would be a decent little job putting it altogether but then you can tweak things for similar future strategies.
yz250

Thank you. I'll take a read of the excel automation and see what I can come up with.

If anyone else has any further ideas/suggestions it would be appreciated.
yz250

I've started making some progress towards this using Guardian/Excel.

Ideally I'd want my dashboard sheet to be sheet 1 - is there a way to get Guardian to make the origin cell for the first market on sheet 2 instead of sheet 1?

Also I just had a thought, but haven't had an example come up yet to see what happens - what happens with a scratching occurs after you have the excel sheets connected? Does the rows remain as is, or will the runners below the scratched runner jump up one? I'm concerned that if I reference to my rated price in the bet rule/formula and then a scratching happens my reference may not be correct anymore ?

Thanks

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”