Guardian Search: Only markets going in-play

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
jvsydney

Hi,

I want to select football matches that will go in-play and none that do not allow in-play bets. How do I do this? For example:

Soccer and Match Odds and In-Play

I know in-play isn't right. Is there a term I can add to get only those I can trade in-play?

Thank you!
Kafkaesque

I don't think, you can do this. Dallas might correct me, though :)

Even if I'm not correct in the above, a few things to note is:

Quite a number of matches will be in-play but have so little liquidity that you're effectively not able to trade in-play at all anyway. My best estimate would be that the number for these matches will exceed those with enough liquidity.

Betfair puts some matches as in-play but "not managed", ie. not being suspended at key events. Means both needing to be extra careful not to get burned by someone with a better feed, and in almost all cases very little liquidity.

Betfair changes some matches from going in-play to either "not managed" or not in-play at all, often very close to kickoff, although credit where it's due, this number has dropped by a big, big margin over the last months.

All in all such a search wouldn't be very effective.
jvsydney

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

I think I can handle the liquidity problem by adding a Volume condition to anything I want to trade.

And I can live with not trading things that are available in-play late, or are not in-play but only managed. I really want to trade only those that are actually going to be available in-play.

Does the "Available to Soccer Mystic" do the job? If not, what does that selection select?

Thank you,
Jim

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”