proform & pacecards

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
Ambettor

Hi All - in terms of Back to lay or lay to back - which do you guys find most reliable /consistent (Proform or Pacecards) in helping to predict odds movement? I'm starting to develop trading discipline after 445 days of trading... (well -not always...groan) now i'm trying to find an additional method of identifying probable odds movement.
Cheers
Thebest147

I would say none off the above,as they are just someone's best guess as to which will be a good back to lay candidate,In my opinion the best way to go about finding a perfect back to lay trade is go to attheraces,patternform any Free site that will give you an idea as to who might lead,than let the market do the work often the likely leader is trading at the very bottom of its range just before the post time then you will have a 80% plus chance of a winn ing trade,better still in jumps races do the above and check the course lay out the further it is to the 1st jump the better you don't really want a jump coming up to quick
Ambettor

Hi TheBest147 - Thanks for taking the trouble to reply. I'll take a look at patternform again. I had a quick look at it about a year ago... anyway, thanks. Cheers
firlandsfarm

you can use the BSP files available from Betfair (there is a thread in the forum about downloading them in bulk). They show the BSP, min/max prices and win/lose for every runner and then research any patterns in a horses' price movements.
wearthefoxhat

Ambettor wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 10:13 pm
Hi All - in terms of Back to lay or lay to back - which do you guys find most reliable /consistent (Proform or Pacecards) in helping to predict odds movement? I'm starting to develop trading discipline after 445 days of trading... (well -not always...groan) now i'm trying to find an additional method of identifying probable odds movement.
Cheers
I haven't looked at B2L or L2B for yonks, but FWIW, the resources I found at the time (free), helped me focus in on certain types.

Betfair cards - Timeform Cash Out Hints

Cashout.PNG
Attheraces Draw influence.

ATRDraw.PNG
Attheraces Pace influence.

ATRPace.PNG

The cash-out hints suggest 2 potential qualifiers. Crystal Caque/Marshal Dan. I also like they are both in the Timeform 1-2-3 summary too.

The draw is considered to be no advantage, but the ATR info suggests Low draw may be have a small edge. So out if the two, Marshall Dan favoured.

The Pace tab, shows a fairly even pace from those drawn low, maybe Fieldsman likely to want to an early lead, Marshall Dan in good position behind. (B2L) candidate.

Interestingly, Fieldsman has a red MM (drifter) so could be an early L2B candidate. (Pre-Race)

The reason I tie in the Pace and Draw is to visualise how the race may go, backed up by the meta-data offered by recommended websites.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ANGELS15

I'm assuming that the posters on this thread do back to lay, dobbing etc. Just a general thing I've been having the worst month for 2 years. All my back to lays, dobs been running like pigs. Anyone else experiencing this or is it just me?
wearthefoxhat

Result Update;

Res.PNG
ANGELS15 wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 9:52 am
I'm assuming that the posters on this thread do back to lay, dobbing etc. Just a general thing I've been having the worst month for 2 years. All my back to lays, dobs been running like pigs. Anyone else experiencing this or is it just me?
I left it alone over the jumps. May look again as the flat gets into full swing, because of the draw/pace aspects. Last year I added some info to the DOB thread when I tried the QOB's and achieved a 5-timer. (equivalent to around a 2/1 winner). Just a bit of fun just to show a different approach....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ambettor

Thanks for all the posts - appreciate it. - Good luck to all of you too... Perseverance seems to be one of the most important elements of trading.... cheers
ANGELS15

wearthefoxhat wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 6:15 pm
Result Update;

Res.PNG

ANGELS15 wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 9:52 am
I left it alone over the jumps. May look again as the flat gets into full swing, because of the draw/pace aspects. Last year I added some info to the DOB thread when I tried the QOB's and achieved a 5-timer. (equivalent to around a 2/1 winner). Just a bit of fun just to show a different approach....
I was considering something similar i.e ignoring the jumps at this time as it's possible this time of year you find horses that you expect to front run don't and vice verca with unfancied horses finding form and being made to front run as a better run is expected.

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”