Automating multiple strategies into one rule set?

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
mcbgun

Hey guys,

Ok I've currently a dobbing rule set in place which works on a nominated selection 1 and nominated selection 2 basis.

I want to add more systems into the rule set so I can run multiple strategies.

I'm a bit confused how to implement this though.

I want to be able to straight back some selections and straight lay some selections so nothing complicated. However as the dobbing system in the rule set already uses nominated selections I can't work out how to create another rule to back and lay either the same selection if it happens to coincide with the dobbing strategy or pick a different horse in the same race?

At the moment all I can work out is that you can create a rule that backs a selection but you then have to pick the individual horse and I don't get how that would work if you apply the rule set to all markets (unless you are able to edit the rule for each individual market).

In an ideal world I'd have 3 strategies working independently.....dobbing, backing, laying. How to I go about this please?

Many thanks!
ANGELS15

It should be possible to do what you're proposing. When you open up guardian and select 'automation', once you've found the automation file click 'edit'. You will notice there are little green '+' and '-' buttons which can be used to add extra rules which you apply to the nominated selections. If you wish to include more runners then you would need to open more than one instance of Bet Angel.

If you're very new to creating automation then I highly reccomend Peter Webb's Youtube video on 'Dobbing'. It shows how to create the bot step by step and how to add rules.
mcbgun

Many thanks for your reply.

I've actually got the dobbing automation file from the forum which is working perfectly! :)

I've got Bet Angel on my work PC so if I were to run another strategy on that would that work?

Also I hear the BetAngel VPS allows you to run multiple instances?
ANGELS15

mcbgun wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 9:28 am
Many thanks for your reply.

I've actually got the dobbing automation file from the forum which is working perfectly! :)

I've got Bet Angel on my work PC so if I were to run another strategy on that would that work?

Yes you can open up Bet Angel again on your own or another pc then apply the automation to the market with different selectons. I've never used VPS so perhaps someone else on here can advise you on that.
ShaunWhite

mcbgun wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 9:28 am
Any computer will let you run multiple instances. A VPS supplied by BA or anyone else is just a remote machine, there's nothing inherently special about it.

The issue you need to be aware of when running multiple strategies is that they're still using just the one BF account. That means when you retrieve the current PL or #matched bets etc it will relate to your entire position, not per instance, or per strategy etc.

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”