track side partner..

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
fatboyeno

Cheers for the link
ShaunWhite

Dallas wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:42 pm
A drone pilot could charge £250 per person and transmit the images to several traders/bettors (whether they are aware of each other or not) ;)
I'll do it for £175 using my wifi bins in the grandstand. Unless jocks start wearing their number on top of their cap a drone will struggle.
Meanwhile, I'll just replace/reprogram a couple of the buttons on my wifi binoculars and place some trades myself. All the tech exists, all you need to do is bolt it together. Surveillance gear is quite cool and quite affordable these days.

fatbotyeno, don't worry about not having BA on Android, someone could easily write a basic app that did what you need for not a lot.
If things don't exist for what you need, make them exist. Otherwise you'll only be as good as someone using the same off-the-shelf kit as you.
Derek27

fatboyeno wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:24 pm
Derek
I do it alone but haven't felt the need to sack myself just yet.
You get 2 secs max while the opertunity is there, it's too slow to put binoculars down and pick up tablet.
I like how people don't even Wana hear what the system is and I guess that's a good thing for me. I only need 1 person to be interested.
Can you not hold the binoculars with one hand and have your smartphone in the other?

I'm sure a lot of IR backers will have their smartphone set up with a custom app and will only have to press a button, they'd have a major advantage over you.

If your system involves backing at 1.01 it's not really hard to guess the basis of it - there is only one reason why anyone would want to back at that price. :)
Last edited by Derek27 on Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ShaunWhite

fatboyeno wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:50 pm
And then send the video over internet to someone at home, less than 1 second delay?
Why does someone need to be at home? Use RF and send it to someone in the carpark. Or as I said above, just have the guy with the bins doing it, they don't even need to look away. Might seem complicated but If you're cutting someone in for a few hundered a week you might as well invest that money and go solo.
ShaunWhite

Derek27 wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:05 pm
Can you not hold the binoculars with one hand and have your smartphone in the other?
:) Yep, that's the easiest way. I was going down the Inspector Gadget route.

I've a feeling this one is going back to that thread about the guy with the giant hat.
fatboyeno

Derek27 wrote:
fatboyeno wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:24 pm
Derek
I do it alone but haven't felt the need to sack myself just yet.
You get 2 secs max while the opertunity is there, it's too slow to put binoculars down and pick up tablet.
I like how people don't even Wana hear what the system is and I guess that's a good thing for me. I only need 1 person to be interested.

I'm sure a lot of IR backers will have their smartphone set up with a custom app and will only have to press a button, they'd have a major advantage over you.

If your system involves backing at 1.01 it's not really hard to guess the basis of it - there is only one reason why anyone would want to back at that price. :)
I don't back a horse when it's about to win at 1.01 for tiny profit, I wouldn't make my fuel traveling there.
When I'm ready to bet I use 1.01 preset button to find me my best odds.
You can't fit all the horses on your phone and start scrolling etc it's fine with tablet and 2 people will be faster. I have done this alone at the track it's not theory, 2 people I have decided is the way.
fatboyeno

ShaunWhite wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:12 pm
Derek27 wrote:
:) Yep, that's the easiest way. I was going down the Inspector Gadget route.

I've a feeling this one is going back to that thread about the guy with the giant hat.
Try it for yourself, stand in a field tracking horses, they will be spread out, when your opertunity is there you get 2/3 seconds to go to Ur phone find the horse, place bet. It's tricky and you have also stoped watching the race at the same time.
I will keep searching for a hand
Andy
ShaunWhite

fatboyeno wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:25 pm
It's tricky and you have also stoped watching the race at the same time.
I wouldn't be tracking all horses, I'd be tracking one. Every horse is either going to win or lose so why watch them all? And I'd write an app to do it so I wouldn't be looking anything up on the betfair app or taking my eyes off anything.

Sounds like you've made your mind up. Btw how much are you paying your spotter? Or will they be trusting you to hand over half your winnings while you cover all the loses plus expenses?
fatboyeno

Shaun

I'm enjoying this chat but my mind is made on the strategy I'm not here for help with that bit, just someone to help maximize winnings.
You need to watch them all for what I'm doing, I see why you thought a drone could work now from your side.
Allow me to explain inbox humour me?
I'm not looking for a winner but when I get the chance it's 100% safe.
It works just not effecient alone.
IV not thought about a price mabye set amount or once happy you can share investment and winnings.
Alternate Betfair accounts mabye, it would not be in my interest to steel a day's pay and lose the chance for every other event.
ANGELS15

On the subject of drones. Racecourses have been concerned about their use. If they keep being used and racecourses continue to voice their disapproval, I wonder if the exchanges may cease to offer in-running to deter drone users making all this redundant?
LinusP

ANGELS15 wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:50 am
On the subject of drones. Racecourses have been concerned about their use. If they keep being used and racecourses continue to voice their disapproval, I wonder if the exchanges may cease to offer in-running to deter drone users making all this redundant?
Zero chance of that happening.
ANGELS15

LinusP wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:14 am
ANGELS15 wrote:
I love the confidence. I hope it doesn't happen, but what makes you so sure?
LinusP

ANGELS15 wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:48 am
LinusP wrote:
ANGELS15 wrote:
Betfair want liquidity / commission, people breaking 'racecourse rules' to place bets is not in their remit.
ANGELS15

LinusP wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:29 am
ANGELS15 wrote:
LinusP wrote:

Betfair want liquidity / commission, people breaking 'racecourse rules' to place bets is not in their remit.
Yes in-running betting is big business not sure what % of Betfair horse racing betting turnover.
LinusP

ANGELS15 wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:33 am
LinusP wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:29 am
ANGELS15 wrote:

Yes in-running betting is big business not sure what % of Betfair horse racing betting turnover.
About 20%, note that this old:

https://public.tableau.com/profile/liam ... Dashboard1

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”