track side partner..

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
LinusP

ANGELS15 wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:50 am
On the subject of drones. Racecourses have been concerned about their use. If they keep being used and racecourses continue to voice their disapproval, I wonder if the exchanges may cease to offer in-running to deter drone users making all this redundant?
Zero chance of that happening.
ANGELS15

LinusP wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:14 am
ANGELS15 wrote:
On the subject of drones. Racecourses have been concerned about their use. If they keep being used and racecourses continue to voice their disapproval, I wonder if the exchanges may cease to offer in-running to deter drone users making all this redundant?
I love the confidence. I hope it doesn't happen, but what makes you so sure?
LinusP

ANGELS15 wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:48 am
LinusP wrote:
ANGELS15 wrote:
Betfair want liquidity / commission, people breaking 'racecourse rules' to place bets is not in their remit.
ANGELS15

LinusP wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:29 am
ANGELS15 wrote:
LinusP wrote:

Betfair want liquidity / commission, people breaking 'racecourse rules' to place bets is not in their remit.
Yes in-running betting is big business not sure what % of Betfair horse racing betting turnover.
LinusP

ANGELS15 wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:33 am
LinusP wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:29 am
ANGELS15 wrote:

Yes in-running betting is big business not sure what % of Betfair horse racing betting turnover.
About 20%, note that this old:

https://public.tableau.com/profile/liam ... Dashboard1
Euler

It's consistently been 20% for as along as I remember. No idea why it's stuck at that value, but there must be a reason.
Black Ladder

"Consumers using exchanges or bookmakers are not prevented by the Gambling Act from using a mobile phone or internet connection to bet in-running from racecourses."
Source: Gambling Commission.
Black Ladder

Off topic. Lets start a topic on In-running Home Players. Of which I believe a lot of rail-runners have now migrated.
ANGELS15

Black Ladder wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:01 am
"Consumers using exchanges or bookmakers are not prevented by the Gambling Act from using a mobile phone or internet connection to bet in-running from racecourses."
Thanks for that I've tried in vain to google the answer but could never get anything concrete only the exeriences of punters from 10 years ago. I haven't been to the races in over 20 years but have felt like going one day. If I did it might be to a course like Windsor, Kempton or Sandown. I would possibly do a manual back to lay trade on Betfair. I can only hope in these modern times that thoses courses will have good 4g signals.
Naffman

ANGELS15 wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:28 am
Black Ladder wrote:
Thanks for that I've tried in vain to google the answer but could never get anything concrete only the exeriences of punters from 10 years ago. I haven't been to the races in over 20 years but have felt like going one day. If I did it might be to a course like Windsor, Kempton or Sandown. I would possibly do a manual back to lay trade on Betfair. I can only hope in these modern times that thoses courses will have good 4g signals.
I know someone who was at the track and was forced to stop betting in-running using their mobile otherwise if they were caught again then they'd be thrown out and never allowed back in :?

And those that do get away with it are that discreet you can barely notice they are doing it!

So how can racecourses stop people if the GC says otherwise?
ANGELS15

Naffman wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:54 am
ANGELS15 wrote:
Black Ladder wrote:
This is what's confusing. There are professionals betting in running from booths on-course. Perhaps you're allowed to use the internet for betting if you do it from a hospitality booth?

I know someone who was at the track and was forced to stop betting in-running using their mobile otherwise if they were caught again then they'd be thrown out and never allowed back in :?

And those that do get away with it are that discreet you can barely notice they are doing it!

ANGELS15

Sorry Naffman somehow my answer got stuck in the middle of your post!

what I was saying is that the experience of the guy you mentioned was what might be expected that the racecourses take a dim view of people betting on their phones. However the professionals who operate from hospitality booths are allowed to use their laptops?
greenmark

Naffman wrote:
ANGELS15 wrote:
Black Ladder wrote:

Ascot T&C's
"Attendees may not use mobile telephones or any other communications device whilst on the Racecourse to communicate with anyone outside the Racecourse for the purpose of or in connection with any betting other than the placing of a bet via an online bookmaker."
Quite how they would be able to verify which you were doing, who knows!
Derek27

Naffman wrote:
The Gambling Commission doesn't stop people smoking in your house, but you might. :) I would guess racecourses feel free to impose their own rules.
CallumPerry

greenmark wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:31 pm
Naffman wrote:
ANGELS15 wrote:

Ascot T&C's
"Attendees may not use mobile telephones or any other communications device whilst on the Racecourse to communicate with anyone outside the Racecourse for the purpose of or in connection with any betting other than the placing of a bet via an online bookmaker."
Quite how they would be able to verify which you were doing, who knows!
Technically an exchange isn't a Bookmaker ;) little bit of a grey area.

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”