InPlay time

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
goldfinch77

Hi guys, looking at placing a trade at HT, there is a huge difference between Betfair time and Betangel time something like >20 minutes, is there a problem somewhere ?

Goldfinch
Vladimir CC

I assume you're talking about these times
https://imgur.com/a/JIuQAfM

There's no problem, besides the fact that sometimes can be confusing
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
goldfinch77

Hmm, but surely if I set a bot to trade LTD at HT the timings will be all wrong.

Why are they so different ?

oldfinch
Vladimir CC

goldfinch77 wrote:
Sat Aug 22, 2020 9:11 pm
Hmm, but surely if I set a bot to trade LTD at HT the timings will be all wrong.
Ah silly me. I tought you we're asking for manual trading. When automating strategies I believe it might be a problem, but I'm a beginner myself too when it comes to automation so I'm gonna step down on this one.
goldfinch77 wrote:
Sat Aug 22, 2020 9:11 pm
Why are they so different ?
My theory is that if you open a market that is already in-play for some time, BetAngel doesn't receive from Betfair the time at when the market went in-play, it receives just a signal that the market is in-play, so BetAngel starts its own timer from 0mins (I hope it makes sense)

If you wish to make sure that BetAngel's timer and Betfair's timer are synchronized just load the market in Guardian before it goes in-play.
Jukebox

The BA in-play timer starts from when the event is turned in-play, your file and Guardian have to be set up to be active for when that happens if you intend to have bets placed at specific points during in-play time . If you activate a file when the event is already in-play the timer will only start from that point. BA has no other reference point for how long an event has been in-play.
goldfinch77

Strangely, that actually makes sense now.

thanx to all
LeeCaL

As a rule of thumb just have the bet place on or around 55mins according to the BAP timer. This should be safely inside the HT break period by around 7-8mins. 55mins will allow for 10mins injury time in H1 which is v rare.
goldfinch77

Thanks Lee

Andy

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”