Simple Display Q

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
grigsy

I've been trying to set up my screen (I only have 1) in a better way, with the ladder and charts undocked, charts of the first 3 in the field visible on the left of screen, with the ladder over the top taking up the rest. But the undocked ladder window is too big and covers about 90% of the screen width. When I shrink it, only the window shrinks and not the contents, so I lose the ability to view the 3 ladders like I need to.
I don't know if it's the widescreen monitor that's the issue or what, but I can not for the life of me find a way of shrinking the undocked window without losing some of the contents.
Does anyone know if it's possible to do this and, if so, how?
mctash

It sounds like the the controls in the window are not anchored therefore they do not grow and shrink with the windows size. This may be deliberate on the part of the programmer or maybe an oversight.

Either way there isn't much you can do to remedy it yourself unless you have the source code to make your own build which I'm almost certain will not be available.

I believe there is a suggestions sub forum. I just tried un-docking and shrinking and I think its probably deliberate.

Maybe get another monitor. I have a dual setup it works great. Not too hard to sort out, you just need to ensure you have a dual output video card capable of it.

Tash
Zapata

I had the same problem and cured it by adjusting the system font size. The default medium size caused the same problem as you describe (which also affects Guardian) but the small and large are both fine. I ended up using the small.

The suggestion of a second monitor is well worth considering and makes life a lot easier.
grigsy12

Bingo! Thanks for the feedback guys, really appreciated - I was tearing my hair out. I knew there would be some simple answer but I was buggered if I could fix it. It looks so much better with the smaller font size now though, can fit so much more onto my screen.
I desperately want the dual monitor set up but can't justify the costs right now, so I am hoping a tech guru friend of mine can follow through on his offer to set me up through the massive amount of spares he has.
Thanks again guys.
mctash

If your just after more screen real estate don't worry if your second monitor is a different make or size to your primary.

Windows supports running dual monitors at two different resolutions. (Or maybe its the graphics drivers that support that, not sure). Anyway if your pc is recent and has a dedicated video card then Id imagine you already can do dual monitors. Check the back where you connect the monitor to the pc and see if there is a similar connector next to it (could be VGA or DVI). I'm sure your tech mate can tell you in all of one second looking at it :)

Anyway good luck

Tash

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”