Trading profit query

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
Aqueria

Upon some intuitive homework on Stevenage v Portsmouth yesterday evening, I spread 40€ Dutching on the following correct scores: 0-2, 1-1, 1-2, 1-3, 2-1, 2-2, 2-3.
It became obvious after the first goal (Port. 8’) that my prediction was on track. Obviously after the equalizer (19’) my return was virtually guaranteed.
Around the 30 minute mark it appeared that more goals were to be scored. At that point my 1-1 market recorded a trading profit of 13€…
My question is this: – what is the result of closing a trade for a predicted profit?
a/ the money initially matched is "freed" and returned?
b/ the 13€ trade profit is added on my return if one of my predictions comes true?

On the 39’ mark the score became 1-2 and by half time the P&L of my correct score was:
1-2 trading profit 22.54€, 1-3: 39.06€, 2-2: 32.27€, 2-3: 39.39€ (Greening was at 16.80€ and in my opinion unnecessary)
What strategy should I have followed? Based on my beliefs that post the 19’mark more goals would be scored.
Aqueria

I’m a bit perplexed… Is the query unclear/confusing???

70+ views not one response…
:?:
Leveller

Aqueria wrote:I’m a bit perplexed… Is the query unclear/confusing???

70+ views not one response…
:?:
Yep, it sounds a little bit confusing, but let me try to explain question a:

Let's say you have initial bank of 100 units; you place some bets, and some of the outcomes show your eventual profit, some others show eventual loss; in your example, you had green figures next to scores you backed, and red ones next to all remaining scores; that red figure, according to your post, is equal for all those scores and amounts to 40 units; this means at that moment you have available 60 units ("freed" as you say, 100-40).

As soon as you green up some of the scores, these figures change, and your available bank, too; spot the biggest red figure, and subtract it from those 100 units, and that is your "freed" bank (therefore, at any given moment, your available bank is your initial bank minus your biggest exposure/liability).

If you are green across the field, i.e., if you have no red figure on any outcome, then you have freed entire your initial bank, 100 units, and profit will be added once the market is settled.

Hope that's what you asked for? As for second question, I cannot comment your strategy or reccommend correct move, as I never dutch so many scores, usually only two, and maximum three.
Aqueria

Thanks for your response… that was how I understood it as well.

To make myself clearer and ignore dutching for a second, my dilemma is – believing that more goals would be scored and being “covered” to a great extent on any correct score outcome, wouldn’t it wiser to take a given correct score trading profit and green out at a more profitable outcome? My assumption is yes, I just need some confirmation.

Thanks again

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”