In Play Laying using Bet Angel

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
Burnsey

Hi Team,
Originally invested in Bet Angel to trade prior to racing............
Have been drawn to laying ALL in play using the kill and fill part of the global settings on a manual bet,relatively late in the in running market.
My dilemma or challenge has been two fold.
1)The need for "live pictures"...
SIS Feeds are either free at the bookmakers.
What are the pros and cons of personal subsription?
2)The technology to receive mobile broadband on a laptop (Bet Angel + Betfair API) and therefore trade in real time at any bookmakers......

The reality is that if you are willing to place small wagers at the bookmakers they will tolerate your use of a laptop to effectively lay through betfair....and use their SIS feed.
The technology of mobile broadband is in its infancy and cannot give the speeds to run the Bet Angel PRO efficiently because of the rapid and volumes of data exchange.
The good news is that even with all these technical problems I was able to clear a significant profit over a 7 day trial of the mobile broadband,often just by setting up Bet Angel Pro to LAY THE FIELD at or around the furlong pole on a fill or kill basis,using the SIS bookmakers real time picture feeds......
Originally used my brother, a good race reader, in the bookmakers via mobile phone to give me a signal at the furlong pole...if he was unable to pick the winner with any certainty.........then oneclick bet.
Please discuss and all tried and tested suggestions welcome....
Sincerely
Burnsey :idea: :mrgreen:
maneman

Hi,
Appreciate your enterprise and innovative approach.

However, these tactics sound quite risky to me and prone to getting caught out bigtime.

After attending the course recently, it was quite evident that preservation of capital is paramount along with minimising risk as far as possible.

If it works for you and psychologically you are comfortable with it then good luck.
finnbarr99

If you went to an exchange shop it would solve both your problems. Live SIS/TurfTV feeds AND superfast broadband. I dont know the locations of all of them but if anyone out there does, can you post a list please? Also read on a forum somewhere that BF are no longer paying commission to them so they are reliant on seat fees only which may put some of them out of buisness. Seems one in Romford went pop recently.
Brent

I would doubt that you can use your laptop in a bookmaker shop? Would be an arbers paradise, and all of the bookmakers will close your account in a second if they think you are arbing through them. I would think sitting in their office without an account but with a laptop, would get you an immediate boot in the ass and out the door. If not, forget about the in play, just arb.
As for mobile broadband, I doubt the speeds are that restrictive. I am not getting any better speed than I used to at 1.5Mb than what I get now at around 4Mb. Being in the UK, I can't imagine that being anything but bare min speed. Not sure how reliable mobile broadband is, but as far as speed goes, I can't see it being an issue.

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”