Relatively new trader - 4 weeks in

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
Azzy1331

Hi

I've now been trading for 4 weeks. I started out really well for a couple of days, thought I was on my way to becoming a millionaire and then realised it was just beginners luck! :oops:

Anyway along the way i've felt useless, brilliant, useless, brilliant - It's been a vicious cycle.

I've spent a lot of time reading blogs, forums, market theory and also horse theory (My feeling is the more I know the better position I am in to be a successful trader).

I've also had some really good days. On average I am making a profit most days yet am letting myself down by wiping out all the good work with the odd big loss.

I am really interested to hear how long into their journey other traders have started to become consistantly profitable. I am aware that trading is an ongoing process, and can never really be "cracked", but it would be good to hear when exactly traders become a lot more comfortable, confident, and consistent?

Any feedback is much appreciated.

Cheers
Arron
Seabird

This is not a direct answer but I hope it is a little helpful.

Stop thinking about yourself as brilliant or useless. That's too extreme and may even translate to lucky and unlucky.

I know it seems like the more you know about trading patterns and horse racing the better you will be but the real secret is knowing about your psychology and controlling it.

There is heaps of wonderful advice on this forum for newbie traders. It would pay to trawl through it all. Start by looking at relevant posts by AndyFuller perhaps.

Hope that helps a little, be patient, it takes time.

Good luck

Seabird

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”