Can't get excel sheets to autobind

Discussion regarding the spreadsheet functionality of Bet Angel.
keith.wheeldon

Hi
I am using the data capture sheet by Switesh and I am auto switching markets at 630 secs and restrict refresh at 630secs preoff and 30secs after. (There is no competition for refresh rate as my markets have at least 20mins between them).However when I autobind sheets it collects data on the first sheet, but when the market switches to the next race nothing happens within any other sheets. It's as if they are not connected. Any ideas anyone?

Thanks
Dallas

In the guardian excel tab and down the column "Excel sheet" does it show
Bet Angel
Bet Angel (2)
Bet Angel (3)
Etc
after you have connected and ticked auto-bind?
keith.wheeldon

Yes it displays the sheets under the excel tab. Do I need to autobind after I connect? Although I have tried before and after. Today I tried autobind before connecting sheet but it collected no data at all.
Dallas

I do it the following way (and also make sure there are no over lapping markets in guardian)

"Browse for file"
"Open workbook" (Once opened shrink/minimize this to the task bar)
"Connect"
"Auto-Bind Bet Angel sheets"

So from what you have said there should be no issues as far as i can see settings wise, If you want i can email you a copy of my data capture sheet and see if that works any better - Im not 100% sure but I think it was also originally downloaded from Swetish but i know this works fine for me in Excel 2010.
keith.wheeldon

That would be great if you could email me your copy. I have tried binding the sheets you get with Betangel and that works fine. I am using Excel 2016. Will the Data capture sheet work OK with this?
Dallas

If you PM me your email address ill send it straight across to you, I have never used excel 2016 so cant say if its fully compatible with it - although i cant see why it would not be
keith.wheeldon

I have set the data capture sheet you sent to capture every UK race today and so far so good. I have spent the last year and half learning betfair, bet angel,Excel and studying the markets. I have even lost my bank twice by letting my trades go in play.But nothing has stressed me more than this data capture sheet over the last two weeks. So to say I'm grateful for your help is an understatement. So thank-you very much Dallas your a diamond
Dallas

Diamond Dallas - was'nt he a wrestler?? :) but am glad its all working and sorted for you, if it was down to the sheet I sent to you I had not made any modifications or changes to it so the real credit and thanks should still go to Switesh or whoever the author was for creating and sharing it originally.
There's been several different sheets shared over the years so its possible some may work better than others with different versions of excel, but whatever the reason the main thing is your up and running now.
keith.wheeldon

Your absolutely right about the sheet.( and that Diamond Dallas was a wrestler of course) It's a great piece of work and a great gift to traders new and old.
Not sure if Diamond was a great wrestler though, Id started losing interest in wwf ( as it was called then.) about the time he joined.
Abraquay

I'm trying to pull some data in from the greyhounds from my automation rule into excel
Is there a limit on the number of sheets that will autobind in one go. Does the first 10 then stops.
So i goto excel tab,browse for file,click on BetAngel_Multiple,Open Workbook,Connect,Auto-bind Bet Angel Sheets

Return to “Bet Angel - Spreadsheet / Excel chat”