Excel Help-Dobbing

Discussion regarding the spreadsheet functionality of Bet Angel.
garry1980fs

Hi every1. I'm looking help regarding Excel and dobbing. I have a horse racing system and I feel it would perform well dobbing. Can any1 tell me if there is an easy way that I can take my selections from the days racing and import to excel to dob using automation. I sometimes may have 4 runners in the same race. On average I would have about 10 selections per meeting but usually less. Any input will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Garry
spreadbetting

I guess a lot depends on how you select your dobs to start with as to the best way to get them into excel, you mention 'import into excel' so I'm guessing the selection side of things is already automated. Once you have your selections in excel it's easy enough to use things like VLOOKUP or vba to match up selections with runners and I'd imagine BA can intergrate with excel to loop through the days markets easily enough.
Markwinnsmith

This can definitely be done to the extent that VBA will look after all selections throughout the day and open and close all positions as necessary. I have made something similar but this took a long time to polish and will work provided you have a thorough VBA. You would probably be best loading up all the races to multiple tabs and restricting the refresh to 5 minutes before or something until just after the race. You would then have a mixture of worksheet formulas (to match the horses) and worksheet_change commands that would fire the necessary bets once the race starts as presumably you want close to BSP if dobbing. Or you can place all back bets at start, then set to take SP for all these, then when the races start, your formula will calculate the necessary lay bet and place this into the market performing your dob.

Return to “Bet Angel - Spreadsheet / Excel chat”