Second best Market price?

Discussion regarding the spreadsheet functionality of Bet Angel.
workpeter

Hi All,

In excel I am attempting to place a bet at second best market price but instead the bet enters the market at best market price. See example below.

£ 20.00 Back bet placed on horse at 3.40 Fully matched at 3.50

This is not what i want. Any ideas how to solve please?

I believe in guardian automation you have to option to place bet at second best market price, but how to do in excel?
cybernet69

Because Betfair will always match you at the best available price.

You asked for 3.40 but 3.50 was available.
workpeter

Ok, i understand what's going on now. ty.
workpeter

with my £20 bet @ 3.4....

if i were to get matched at 3.5, but there were only £10 available, then would my remaining £10 get matched at 3.4, or would i need to put in two separate bets?

if i do need to put in two separate bets, then is it possible to do so against the same runner at the same time at different prices?
cybernet69

workpeter wrote:
Wed May 03, 2017 8:24 pm
with my £20 bet @ 3.4....

if i were to get matched at 3.5, but there were only £10 available, then would my remaining £10 get matched at 3.4, or would i need to put in two separate bets?

if i do need to put in two separate bets, then is it possible to do so against the same runner at the same time at different prices?
It all depends how much money is available at 3.50 and then 3.40 etc. But basically it would match £10 at 3.50 and then the rest at 3.40 if its available. Therefore in your example you wouldn't have to place multiple bets unless the odds moved lower than your request of 3.40.
workpeter

thats great, ty matey :)

Return to “Bet Angel - Spreadsheet / Excel chat”