Football Spreadsheet

Discussion regarding the spreadsheet functionality of Bet Angel.
Kafkaesque

ShaunWhite wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 1:43 am
If you want data from any stats site then watch this vid https://youtu.be/BuXLaQt9oEo
(19mins and you can skip the first 6mins if you have an especially short attention span)

No need to get into anything techy or code or macros or vba, web scraping is all built into Excel. Creating this table below took about 10 seconds....and it will update automatically. As I said you can grab everything off soccer stats with one click if you like, if you do a little work up front and it really is a little work.

Screenshot_s1.pngScreenshot_s2.pngScreenshot_s3.png
I've asked this on here previously with no luck, and I don't expect it to change, but you did say ANY stats site ;) Does it work with the only site I want: whoscored.com?

Had a quick try based on the vid, without succes. Not at home with my primary computer, so may have messed it up...
Atho55

Looks to work for me...
WhoScored.com.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kafkaesque

Atho55 wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:44 am
Looks to work for me...

WhoScored.com.jpg
I'm missing my computer more than I really should :lol: :lol: :lol: :?

That's a complete gamechanger (for me) if true :D
StellaBot

3rd time lucky
soz guys/gals

I thought columns BD and Bi would self populate when I updated Premiership
Had to do it manually in the last ten mins(until Shauns and Jimibt suggestion is completed)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
StellaBot

Here is the updated version of all leagues in play and games up until yesterday.
ShaunWhite

Kafkaesque wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:12 am
you did say ANY stats site ;)...
A bold and unqualified statement. "Works on any site it works on" might have been better.
StellaBot

Please find updated sheet with all in running leagues updated with games played today.
Added Sweden also

? Last sheet posted had Q5 and Q7 missing formula?

Think everything perfect now
StellaBot

Here is the updated spreadsheet.
I also noticed there was a slight error in the formula in cell B13 for the under 2.5 market
StellaBot

Here is an updated spreadsheet for some of the leagues with games today
Latvia, Sweden, Ireland and Norway

https://www.soccerstats.com/matches.asp
jamesg46

Does anyone know of a scraping friendly website for xG using Excel?

I'd much prefer not to have to go through it manually like last season & this week I plan to start putting this seasons sheets together.
spreadbetting

jamesg46 wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:45 pm

I'd much prefer not to have to go through it manually like last season & this week I plan to start putting this seasons sheets together.

Probably easier to say what sites you've tried, if you can view a page in a browser you can usually view it in excel with VBA
jamesg46

spreadbetting wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 1:36 pm
jamesg46 wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:45 pm

Probably easier to say what sites you've tried, if you can view a page in a browser you can usually view it in excel with VBA
I've attempted Understat & InfoGol but can't scrape them.
Atho55

Is this what you are looking for
jamesg46

Atho55 wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 2:10 pm
Is this what you are looking for
No, I can scrape that through soccerstats but xG seems to be a pain in the arse to get hold of.
spreadbetting

Are all xG stats equal, never used it myself so no idea how it's calculated. Can you not scrape other site's to simply calculate any values yourself. I see https://footballxg.com/2020/02/28/excel-export/ give xg data as downloadable.

https://footballxg.com/wp-content/uploa ... p2020.xlsx

Return to “Bet Angel - Spreadsheet / Excel chat”