'position in queue' feature

A place to discuss anything.
rjay1000

Ha – Shaun, that was a really great post.. I like the way you put everything in context for wanna bees like me. My initial foray into Bet Angel was totally denuded by the inconvenience of full time employment... (we all have or had our crosses to bear) However, now that i’ve taken early retirement (read superfluous to the plot) i decided that i would definitely pick up where i left off five years ago.. It seems i now have all the time in the World baring medical misfortune, or runaway buses, so I’m determined to try and understand exactly what you clever people are talking about. Who knows, perhaps some of your generous pearls will penetrate the mists and fog that generally engulf me.

I also enjoyed reading your guitar analogy.. interesting, i’m just learning a Tommy Emmanuel piece at the moment, hard going but well worth while. I’ve played for at least 35 years, and i still have trouble putting fingers in the right places, but i do have hard calloused finger tips and most of the time i use a slick thumb pick... do you play? I have a Taylor 412 which is a far better guitar than i am guitarist, perhaps that’s why i’m so interested in Bet Angel and the assistance and acquaintance of people such as yourself....

Thanks again for taking the trouble Shaun.
Last edited by rjay1000 on Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rjay1000

Thanks Glen, great encouragement mate. It's very helpful to read a lot of perspectives, especially when trends start to emerge - hopefully reinforce some of the things i need to learn. Good luck to you too.
elofan0

I would like to see the constant que on each price before i place a bet cos if there was say 500 in front me before i place a stake the price has a good chance of moving if in such a long que
Derek27

elofan0 wrote:
Fri Dec 18, 2020 4:04 pm
I would like to see the constant que on each price before i place a bet cos if there was say 500 in front me before i place a stake the price has a good chance of moving if in such a long que
The PIQ is the position of your unmatched bet. So before you place a bet you can't have a PIQ.
elofan0

i understand that derek but wether i place a bet or not there will still be a que even if i dont put my bet at the back of the que
elofan0

example i goto local bank to put money in see a big que i come back later :)
jamesg46

Wow
elofan0

was just a thought no more derek im sure your right and cant be done
jamesg46

At the best price on the ladder in front of you there is either £200 or £400 waiting to be matched (as an example) if you enter behind £200 you're at the end of that que. If you enter behind £400 you're at the end of that que. One que is larger than the other but that is right there in front of you.
Derek27

elofan0 wrote:
Fri Dec 18, 2020 4:19 pm
example i goto local bank to put money in see a big que i come back later :)
As James says, the amount of money on the ladder at the price you're thinking of placing an order is effectively the bank queue. Your order will take its place at the back.

By the way, it's been a long, long time since I've had to queue up at a bank. With all the idiots depositing £100 in coins I don't miss it. :D
elofan0

Well got some afternoon humour out of this so job done thanks Derek & James
rik

the software doesnt get information if someone pulls out their stake in front of you in the queue so thats it can be inaccurate
on the other hand it shows the maximum stake that can be in front of you, if your PIQ is 900 it could be anything between 0-900 but no more than that
jamesg46

We've all had our moments. At least you're humble enough to find the humour yourself.
elofan0

Yes the advantage when you place an order in the market with the PIQ is you have the option to cancel if the que is long ..
even if you cant see the que til you join it ................................. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :shock:
Bubace

im confused, surely the only time you can see exactly where you are in the que is before you enter? i always have the PIQ turned on, i like it, and find it not too unaccurate at all

Return to “General discussion”