BF Outage 25 Jan

A place to discuss anything.
p3333

Ive received a response from betfair regarding a maket where i was trading when the site crashed and lost money. Basically the bets stand and they wont refund any loss.

Has anybody had a response from betfair before regarding a site crash where they had open trades which went on to be a loss?
Mike_IG

I'm afriad so mate, loads of people have had that sort of thing happen to them, basically they just say tough luck and quote a rule to you,only thing is that they never seem to stick to the same rule and that's where people get annoyed even more as it seems like they keep changing the rules to suit them (whether this is the case or not is another matter).
I've been caught on both sides of the market and won on 1 and lost on 1 before and on the one I won on it was because my back bet (which was matched before Betfair went down) was voided as it was after the official off time.
hgodden

I complained, they wouldn't refund me.
fuzzer54

It's an occupational hazard I'm afraid guys. Of course you can always lay off on Betdaq.
enzabella2009

Well it is an hazard only if BETFAIR stop working properly. We pay BETFAIR a fee for our tradings but Betfair has no rules to protect our job and our money but, plenty changable rules only to protect their profits. Surely there are plenty of traders out there that are not happy with BETFAIR and their UNFAIR rules. I may subscribe a page over facebook to see how many of you are unhappy with their service. Will it worth a try? what do you think?
Predicton

Go for it Enzabella, give 'em hell
Jimmy

You can get a refund if luck is on your side and keep going. It has happened to me twice and both times I have received my money back as a good will gesture. But it took about 10 or so emails of constant pressure etc.

Cheers & Good luck

Return to “General discussion”