Strictly 2017

A place to discuss anything.
LeTiss

It's the final this week, and the market looks a decent trade.

What is driving such a low price on Joe McFadden? - once again, are people getting access to votes cast by the public?

He isn't top of the leaderboard each week, so for him to be odds on, when Alexandra Burke (clearly the best dancer) is trading at 9.00!

I accept she appears to be struggling to be universally loved, but the bookies are a top price of 7.00 on her, so I suspect she could be great value at 9.00
Dallas

I didn't have you down as a dancing fan Letiss?
Me on the other hand have never missed a show in years but thats a different story :)

Not looked at the betting till just now but if memory serves me correctly Joe was bottom and in a few dance offs early on. Overall I would rate him 3rd just ahead of Gemma on dancing ability so on that his odds on price looks great value as a lay

Personally i'de love to see Debbie Mcgee win it but just like a few years ago Linda Bright was clearly the better dancer but lacked the public popularity required to win these type of shows
LeTiss

I love trading the reality shows, so I always keep a keen eye on what's going on

I just believe Alexandra is a much better dancer than Joe, so to see their varying prices makes no sense whatsoever.......unless you have seen the voting figures each week, which of course average joe public doesn't!!
ShaunWhite

LeTiss wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:38 pm
I love trading the reality shows, so I always keep a keen eye on what's going on

I just believe Alexandra is a much better dancer than Joe, so to see their varying prices makes no sense whatsoever.......unless you have seen the voting figures each week, which of course average joe public doesn't!!
It's based on the fact that Joe's the only one who hasn't been in the DDO, Alexandra was one week after being 2nd or 3rd in the main show.

It's Alexandra's false modesty that irritates people, well it irritates us anyway. We hate the Strictly final in our house because it means it's 9 months until the next one :( , yes it's cheesy but at my 'difficult' age I'm thoroughly entertained by a bunch of fit young lasses wiggling around, proper old school saturady night tv. I think it'll be a close run thing between Joe & Flexi.
MemphisFlash

Joe to win.
Debbie second
Alexandra 3rd
Gemma 4th
ShaunWhite

Joe to win.
Debbie second
Gemma 3th
Alexandra 4rd

:) s'funny I never had LeTiss or Memphis down as Strictly fans. It's not been quite so good the last couple of years since the beeb told Vicky Gill to make the outfits less revealing. Proper family entertainment needs 'something for the dads' too imo. ;)
MemphisFlash

i watch it every year. Best show on telly
ShaunWhite

I know 3 different oldies at my mum's bowling club who've been holding betting slips for Joe since week 1. If they understood the concept of hedging I'd be down there making some commission.
LeTiss

I knew McFadden was too short - he's already drifted 18 ticks from yesterday morning

Return to “General discussion”