FIXED COMMISSION DEAL (%8) or pay the PC (%20)?

A place to discuss anything.
xitian

There won’t (shouldn’t) be any difference either way in terms of how much total commission you will pay. The only difference is if you’d rather have paid what’s due every day (every market) or stick to the Wed weekly schedule as a lump sum.

If you choose the base market commission option then they will adjust it periodically so you’ll have paid the same amount as if you had PC. (And presumably monitor it so that you don’t game the system).

I’m happy to stick with Weds PC because I don’t want my base commission changing all the time since my consistency can change quite a lot over the weeks.

The point isn’t to give anyone a “deal”.
spreadbetting

The thing is Premium Charges aren't treated as commission, so it's much better to rack up commission rather than charges as they affect your Premium Charge rate if you're a higher rate payer or expect to become one.

A lot of people got caught in the 60% brackets when PC2 came out and had to spend alot of time churning themselves to the 40% rates,, it's much easier to do that with a 5% fixed comm than 2% rate. Plus you never know what's round the corner with Betfair so it's probably wiser to pay any fees due as comms rather than charges if you can.

Return to “General discussion”