VPS & iMac

A place to discuss anything.
Dallas

kinglouie wrote:
Fri May 04, 2018 6:56 pm
I have Office 365, I can access it via the web browser and I was going to download it from there but for some reason clicking the SIGN IN link on the site via the browser just does not work????

Everything else on 365 does though, if I could sign in I would just download it straight from there.
Its a while since I done mine but if i remember rightly I emailed myself a link from my PC and done a direct download from my email on the VPS, might be worth trying that.
Although I know most people who use excel on a VPS use 365 so I dont think there should be a major reason why it cant be accessed from the site directly
kinglouie

northbound wrote:
Fri May 04, 2018 6:27 pm
kinglouie wrote:
Fri May 04, 2018 6:20 pm
Signed up for this and got it all working in practice mode.

However, in terms of using excel via the VPS, can anyone give me any pointers on how to do this?

Excel is not currently on the server and I seem to be finding it difficult to actually put a copy in my folder so that I can link it to BA.
If I were to install Excel on the VPS, I'd probably use a web browser in the VPS to download Excel from the Microsoft website, because uploading it from your computer to the VPS would probably take a while.

In any case if you, like myself, are using the BetAngel Basic VPS, I have the feeling that Excel wouldn't work as Excel's minimum requirements are 2GB of RAM, while the Basic VPS only has 1GB.
I have the recommended version so have 2GB available
kinglouie

Dallas wrote:
Fri May 04, 2018 7:13 pm
kinglouie wrote:
Fri May 04, 2018 6:56 pm
I have Office 365, I can access it via the web browser and I was going to download it from there but for some reason clicking the SIGN IN link on the site via the browser just does not work????

Everything else on 365 does though, if I could sign in I would just download it straight from there.
Its a while since I done mine but if i remember rightly I emailed myself a link from my PC and done a direct download from my email on the VPS, might be worth trying that.
Although I know most people who use excel on a VPS use 365 so I dont think there should be a major reason why it cant be accessed from the site directly
Its a bit bizarre TBH Dallas, just wondering if its a security setting somewhere I need to check/uncheck?
kinglouie

Becoming frustrating now, fairly sure the security settings have something to do with it.

I have a yahoo e-mail I am trying to access so that I can save an excel file from there but it won't let me sign in, says it needs javascript which it now won't let me download?
northbound

kinglouie wrote:
Fri May 04, 2018 7:43 pm
I have a yahoo e-mail I am trying to access so that I can save an excel file from there but it won't let me sign in, says it needs javascript which it now won't let me download?
Perhaps use Internet Explorer to download Chrome browser.

Then use Chrome browser to access Yahoo mail. I use all sorts of heavy-Javascript websites using Chrome on my VPS.
kinglouie

Thanks Northbound, but just tried that and it won't let me download it via the IE browser on the VPS.

Everything else works perfectly and all I need to do is to be able to link to Excel and get access to my emails so that I can e-mail the reports back to myself and store them on my Mac.

For some reason downloading anything when in the IE browser just won't work, or if I want to sign in to anything such as my e-mails or Microsoft 365 account it just won't have it.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Cheers

KL

Return to “General discussion”