Trading cricket run line markets using BetAngel?

A place to discuss anything.
Al55

Hi there,

For cricket limited overs matches there are run line markets which I can see in the market list on BetAngel, but not on the Betfair website.

e.g. right now for the global T20 Canada match Montreal v Winnipeg, there is "1st innings 6 over run line". The market number is 1.144981239
or for the England v India T20 international match coming up on Tuesday - 1.145047370

I am talking about markets like "6 over run line" not "6 over run total"

My understanding of these markets is it is an even money bet on whether the team will score above or below the stated total at the end of 6 overs, 10 overs, or whatever the line is. So backing 48.5 for £100 means you win £100 if they score 49 or more off 6 overs, and lose £100 if they score 48 or less. The line obviously moves a bit in-play depending on how the innings is going, whether wickets are lost etc.

Once the match starts if it is a big match you usually see decent money on Betfair, viewing the market using BetAngel. But the problem is that when BetAngel displays the market it makes no sense at all. The "selection" (e.g. 48.5) is displayed as the price in the one-click screen, while nothing at all shows on the ladder, because 48.5, 51.5 are not valid prices on Betfair (increments are 44,46,48,50,55,60) etc.

So I try to take the market number and type it into my browser e.g. www.betfair.com/exchange/plus/cricket/m ... .145047370 and the "where is everybody" 404 page not found banner comes up.

So, does anyone know how to either trade these markets on the betfair website or on Betangel? I don't know why they aren't showing on the betfair website yet there usually seems a lot money viewing them on BetAngel (you can see the stakes on either side on Betangel even though the "prices" don't make sense (there are no variable prices, all even money bets)
megarain

I wasnt aware these mkts were so deep.

But, this is the 20 over run line, for the 1st inngs if the 2nd game in the Global T20.

It doesnt display on the ladder .. and maybe there should be a way of laying 204.5 etc, not 203,5. (Maybe clicking 204.5, lays that number at evens)

I dont play these mkts, so, maybe will experiment is some random off games, when I have time.
runs line.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Al55

Any luck so far?

These markets are clearly very busy in running, but haven't found out a way to bet on them yet either through betfair interface or through Bet Angel.

Maybe someone from Bet Angel could comment?
megarain

I had a dialog with Bet Angel.

It’s tricky, as there is no website support/naming is back to front/testing everyone’s patience.

They replied the amount of work required, was too much for the current development cycle, given the number of potential users.

So, Think it won’t happen for a long time.
Al55

By back to front, do you mean that backing is actually betting under the named total and laying is betting over the total?

Have you tried to place single bets using the one-click interface?

trading/greening obviously appears difficult/impossible, is there any whatsoever of doing this on the betangel interface?

I'm not sure why these markets don't actually appear on the Betfair website, or how people are betting into them - there is no way seemingly to access them?
megarain

Yes.

Also, it’s a pure exposure bet .. if u back over 259.5, for £5, your exposure is £5.

If u lay over 259.5, the exposure is the same £5, despite a dialogue box coming up, saying u are laying 259.5*5, and if I confirm, the P/l shows -1129.5 or +5

The bet display is also ‘wrong’ .. with no detailed P/L.

This is true on other API software.

If the API goes down, and u have a bets, there would be no way to check/cancel orders.

It’s definitely one to handle with care.

Return to “General discussion”