POC and volume profile

A place to discuss anything.
Lucacrebbe

Hi, I was wondering if there is a way to show volume profile and POC on BetAngel .. I have seen the software has some indicators such as MACD and Onbalance Volume, but it lacks of other intersting indicators which in my opinion they may help so much when trading.

POC and Volume Profile on the chart as an example, they can show up important entry/exit points from a trade you're going to make/ you've made.. and they are not on the Betangel software. Any suggest where to build them up by custom' s request?
Derek27

If you know the formulas and learn to use Excel (VBA is useful but may not be essential) you can create your own charts with Bet Angel.

What charts are you using at the moment for trading?
Lucacrebbe

Derek27 wrote:
Sat Jul 07, 2018 3:00 am
If you know the formulas and learn to use Excel (VBA is useful but may not be essential) you can create your own charts with Bet Angel.

Betfair chart....

what is VBA? I can't use excel.. but it's a simple calculator page.. it doesn't shows up charts or istograms...how do you build a volume profile with Excel? A link to learn would be appreciated. Thanks Derek
ShaunWhite

There's lots of info on excel and vba on the internet. Lots and lots.

I remember telling you in April that you should get and learn excel, I guess you decided not to do that. If you had then by now you would be able to use it.

The BA ladder shows a basic VP on the ladder screen but to get a true VP is not easy as BF don't supply the necessary information. It is possible though to create an approximation and therefore also a POC.

I have been and excel user since v1 in 1985 and programmer for over 30yrs. It would take at least a week plus contingency to do it in a way that could be handed over to a user who didn't know how to use excel and maintain it. Design, build, test, document etc.

What budget do you have for this software? How much will you pay for a week of my time?
Lucacrebbe

ShaunWhite wrote:
Sat Jul 07, 2018 12:42 pm
There's lots of info on excel and vba on the internet. Lots and lots.

I remember telling you in April that you should get and learn excel, I guess you decided not to do that. If you had then by now you would be able to use it.

The BA ladder shows a basic VP on the ladder screen but to get a true VP is not easy as BF don't supply the necessary information. It is possible though to create an approximation and therefore also a POC.

I have been and excel user since v1 in 1985 and programmer for over 30yrs. It would take at least a week plus contingency to do it in a way that could be handed over to a user who didn't know how to use excel and maintain it. Design, build, test, document etc.

What budget do you have for this software? How much will you pay for a week of my time?
I can't code in VBA and I don't know how would you connect Excel to the real time volume which has being trading/matching time to time during the match showing the volume profile... how do you connect excel to Bet Angel and would you do a graphic of the volume profile which it changes real-time during the match?
ShaunWhite

Lucacrebbe wrote:
Sun Jul 08, 2018 4:51 am
how do you connect excel to Bet Angel
It's described in the BA user guide. But to be honest Luca, VPOC & POC won't help you at your stage. I won't take money from you for development work that I know is a waste of time because that would be immoral. I was just interested to know what development budget you had, but as you avoided that answer I assume you don't actually have a budget to go with the account you don't have.

By the way why didn't you get excel and start learning? If you'd done that you would be 3 months in now and getting quite good. From what I can see 'Project Luca' hasn't really made any progress yet has it?

So, make some progress. Do some trading, get excel, start using google to find out things like 'what's vba' instead of ask me and I might (and it's a very small might) think about helping you out with excel, after you have learnt the basics yourself. But I have to say you'll be at the end of a queue of people who deserve help far more than you do.

(To any newbies browsing this thread, this is not the normal response for requests for help at all, it's the end(?) of a very long, frustrating saga)
Derek27

Lucacrebbe wrote:
Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:37 am
Derek27 wrote:
Sat Jul 07, 2018 3:00 am

Betfair chart....

what is VBA? I can't use excel.. but it's a simple calculator page.. it doesn't shows up charts or istograms...how do you build a volume profile with Excel? A link to learn would be appreciated. Thanks Derek
How would you know what you can do with Excel if you've never used it?

VBA is one of the advanced features of Excel and you cannot even learn the basics until you've purchased Excel.

You cannot use Excel to connect to the exchange unless you are a very advanced programmer or have API software such as Bet Angel.

You cannot learn to use Bet Angel until you've downloaded it and are connected to the Betfair API.

You cannot connect to the Betfair API unless you have a Betfair account.

Sadly, you cannot open an account with Betfair if you live in Italy.

Luca, advanced charts and custom software are of absolutely no use to you until you've learnt to trade and are profitable. You wouldn't buy an expensive set of golf clubs before you've even started learning to play golf would you?
Last edited by Derek27 on Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Derek27

For information purposes only Luca, here's what an MFI chart looks like in excel.

http://stockcharts.com/school/doku.php? ... _index_mfi
Derek27

ShaunWhite wrote:
Sat Jul 07, 2018 12:42 pm
I have been and excel user since v1 in 1985 and programmer for over 30yrs.
As a matter of interest Shaun, when did Microsoft introduce VBA into their Office suite?

I was using CalcStar in 1984 but never used spreadsheets again until 1999.
ShaunWhite

Oh ffs Derek don't you start. 1993 according to GOOGLE!!

:lol:
Derek27

I was expecting you to have that information off the top of your head. ;)
Lucacrebbe

Derek27 wrote:
Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:01 am
For information purposes only Luca, here's what an MFI chart looks like in excel.

http://stockcharts.com/school/doku.php? ... _index_mfi

Whta's the difference between this one MFI and a simple WOM?

Sorry for the noob question... I am a noob, evryone just start out from somenthing...It' s not a fault if I want to learn as much as possible
Lucacrebbe

ShaunWhite wrote:
Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:12 am
Lucacrebbe wrote:
Sun Jul 08, 2018 4:51 am
how do you connect excel to Bet Angel
It's described in the BA user guide. But to be honest Luca, VPOC & POC won't help you at your stage. I won't take money from you for development work that I know is a waste of time because that would be immoral. I was just interested to know what development budget you had, but as you avoided that answer I assume you don't actually have a budget to go with the account you don't have.

By the way why didn't you get excel and start learning? If you'd done that you would be 3 months in now and getting quite good. From what I can see 'Project Luca' hasn't really made any progress yet has it?

So, make some progress. Do some trading, get excel, start using google to find out things like 'what's vba' instead of ask me and I might (and it's a very small might) think about helping you out with excel, after you have learnt the basics yourself. But I have to say you'll be at the end of a queue of people who deserve help far more than you do.

(To any newbies browsing this thread, this is not the normal response for requests for help at all, it's the end(?) of a very long, frustrating saga)

My budget is not sufficient at the moment... I can't code in VBA this is the problem. I would have to learn trading, I would have to learn how to beat the market and also to code in VBA? The last thing it seems too much...

I am just starting out learning how to make linear statistical regression, modelling using IBM software and Google cloud... so learning VBA at this point it's too much for my brain storage, please.

I know waht is VPOC and POC
POC is the price which has been hit the major of time during the match, the odd that market players consider the most fair

VPOC is instead where the most of volume is concentrating at a given time of the match.

Both can help you to take decisions, because you can evaluate which price the market consider as a value price , a ''fair odd''

Both can be seen as point for enter or exit into a trading, in combination with RSI or MACD also, which are momentum indicators as well

It's not complicated to understand the meaning of VPOC or POC, what is complicated is to have a real-time HISTOGRAM BARs which displays the changing volume /changing POC for some-one who is not a VBA coder. And does not have time to learn.

BetAngel should provide POC and VPOC as built-in indicators... it's not good that I have to learn VBA to make the VPOC or POC indicator by-myself
Jukebox

If you really believe there is an indicator that will give you an edge at seeing which way the prices will be going you ought to be pleased that its not generally available - the effort of creating it will be so much more rewarding.
ShaunWhite

Luca,

Why do you think it is that BA doesn't have these indicators?

Why do you think it's useful when traders with 15yrs experience do not?

You have too much to learn because you are learning the wrong things! You have been told this many many many MANY times.

And why ask for software if you have no budget?

You need to give up now because with your attitude you well never be a trader. Get a job.

Return to “General discussion”