How do spot the money that is entering

A place to discuss anything.
spreadbetting

foxwood wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:58 pm

I'm not sure - he does seem to go round in a big circle ignoring any advice and the many detailed and patient explanations he's been given.

To be fair, that could be said of most of the forum :)
Derek27

foxwood wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:58 pm
I'm not sure - he does seem to go round in a big circle ignoring any advice and the many detailed and patient explanations he's been given.

Also he never seems to answer direct questions - maybe I've just missed some posts along the way but seems a bit repetitive now.
That's what many people are like, it's not necessarily deliberate.
ruthlessimon

foxwood wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:35 am
Stop feeding the troll :roll:
That said, this:

"I am also very curious about why people look at the money ''already matched'' at previous odds level. Why do they look at previous matched odds/volume ? What do they get from this information?"

.. is a very deep question imo.

For example, if the fav's price is "miles" below MWAP (i.e. current price: 2.38. Mwap: 3.2) - does that make the runner more likely/profitable to lay, pre-race.
spreadbetting

Manners cost nothing though, Derek, maybe I just grew up in a different era but a simple thank you wouldn't go amiss once in a while. Luca was originally going to be throwing $5K bets into the markets now he's struggling with the basics, I think sometimes we maybe need to look at where our own time is better spent.
Naffman

People are seriously spending more time on this guy?
Derek27

No disrespect to Peter, but if Peter posts to this forum at the same time as Luca, I look at Luca's post first, fascinated to find out what his next question's about!
ShaunWhite

ruthlessimon wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:54 pm
For example, if the fav's price is "miles" below MWAP (i.e. current price: 2.38. Mwap: 3.2) - does that make the runner more likely/profitable to lay, pre-race.
..and therefore opening up the whole 'how smart is smart money?' question.
Derek27

ruthlessimon wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:54 pm
foxwood wrote:
That said, this:

"I am also very curious about why people look at the money ''already matched'' at previous odds level. Why do they look at previous matched odds/volume ? What do they get from this information?"

Luca is an in-play tennis trader and that's why he doesn't understand the point of previous traded volume - there is no purpose for it in in-play tennis.
ruthlessimon

ShaunWhite wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:48 pm
Exactly; & we haven't even got to when a certain price does a lot of volume after a move ;)

Let's hypothetically say a price steams 20 ticks & does a lot of volume at the low; is this a sign the backers are happy executing lower? Or a sign that the backers cannot get the price lower?

Difficult nightmare questions!
ruthlessimon

Derek27 wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:53 pm
there is no purpose for it in in-play tennis.
Oh he's tennis?? :cry:
Lucacrebbe

BetScalper wrote:
Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:47 pm
Lucacrebbe wrote:
Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:14 pm
BetScalper wrote:
Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:10 pm

All indicators tell you whats happened, not whats about to happen. That comes with judgement and experience. Indicators can help but are not the magic holy grail.

You're a scalper, you should know what I mean. You scalp using the order book, spotting where the money is going to move. I assume you just look at the order book cause MFI could be lagging for your ?
I use WOM (100,50,25) and wait for a build up of money at the front of the queue on either side and then open my trades. I will then close them if it looks to be reversing. Rinse and Repeat. So, sometimes I am scalping and others I am trend trading. And to cap it off I don't open lay trades at the top of the trading range and I don't open back bets at the bottom of a trading range. Unless of course I see the Mad Bomber dumping his/her pocket money into the market. :D
Example: You are trading, current back / Lay odds are 1,28 and 130

you will look at the WOM, when the WOM is rising, and (at the same time) you see new money coming in at 1,31 BACK and 1,29 Lay (you said on either sides) you enter in the market and you scalp (but backing or laying?)
BetScalper

Lucacrebbe wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:46 am
BetScalper wrote:
Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:47 pm
Lucacrebbe wrote:
Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:14 pm

You're a scalper, you should know what I mean. You scalp using the order book, spotting where the money is going to move. I assume you just look at the order book cause MFI could be lagging for your ?
I use WOM (100,50,25) and wait for a build up of money at the front of the queue on either side and then open my trades. I will then close them if it looks to be reversing. Rinse and Repeat. So, sometimes I am scalping and others I am trend trading. And to cap it off I don't open lay trades at the top of the trading range and I don't open back bets at the bottom of a trading range. Unless of course I see the Mad Bomber dumping his/her pocket money into the market. :D
Example: You are trading, current back / Lay odds are 1,28 and 130

you will look at the WOM, when the WOM is rising, and (at the same time) you see new money coming in at 1,31 BACK and 1,29 Lay (you said on either sides) you enter in the market and you scalp (but backing or laying?)
Depends on the WOM and which side the build up of money is. If WOM < 33% and current lay amount > x amount then I back. If WOM > 66% and current back amount > x amount then I lay. But my WOM settings are 100,50,25. This gives me emphasis on money at the front and less on the potential spoof money away from the front etc.
Lucacrebbe

ShaunWhite wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:07 pm
foxwood wrote:
Lucca's moving to the UK, I hear he's getting a flat nextdoor to Derek. :)

Proving resisdency might be tricky, having a uk bank account (which anyone can do) and being here on holiday here doesn't really count. I guess he's on top of all the detail though and researched everything with the usual forensic rigour.
Residence you can show also bill statement, bank statment... A bank account should no be hard to open, last time I lived in London it was easy
Now the things maybe changed because of the brex-it?
Lucacrebbe

Derek27 wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:25 pm
foxwood wrote:
Trolling is the art of deliberately, cleverly, and secretly pissing people off. I don't think that's the case with Luca, I find him quite amusing. :)

I am not trolling. I want genuinly learn as much I can, I apply this to all the field which I focus about... I think that being superficial is not the best way to do things
I am not a superficial typo

I don't see why asking for information should be ''troll-ing' a ''crime''... if I would not ask here, where could I ask?
Should I go into a stock/forex forum asking for informations on betting?
This is a quite good forum, with people with experience, willing to help, I find myself pretty good asking here. I have always got my answers
arbitrage16

ruthlessimon wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:59 pm
ShaunWhite wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:48 pm
Exactly; & we haven't even got to when a certain price does a lot of volume after a move ;)

Let's hypothetically say a price steams 20 ticks & does a lot of volume at the low; is this a sign the backers are happy executing lower? Or a sign that the backers cannot get the price lower?

Difficult nightmare questions!
Interesting. I've always assumed this is people exiting their positions (after a 20 tick steam), and layers deciding it has gone far enough and it's time to oppose...?

Return to “General discussion”