Take Sp

A place to discuss anything.
Banthorpe

Hya All

Just a general question for anyone who may have the answer. Does anyone know, How much is available to take at Sp? Obviously if I wanted a tenner at 3 and had the, take sp ticked that would match up fine, but would 5k or 10k, there must be some limit to where it would not be matched and how is it calculated and by who, also if it wasnt fully taken at sp What would happen to the remaining ammount requested at sp

Many Thanks
Dallas

The BSP is calculated by Betfair adding all the backers and layers who have taken SP to come up with a fair price to them all
Banthorpe

Thanks for a reply Do you know if there is a way to find out How much would be matched Would 50k at 1.5 be matched
Dallas

All SP bets get matched but only Betfair can see the SP bets in the pool, all we can go off is the projected SP
ShaunWhite

The more disproportionate your bet is to the overall pool the more you'll affect BSP. Adversely (from your perspective).
I'd have thought that with substantial bets you'd want more control over what you're getting.
ShaunWhite

Sounds like you have big plans Banthorpe, should we be looking out for a new bomber? ;)
Banthorpe

No You dont need to worry Have no plans for those kind of stakes Was really just wondering
Derek27

BSP money gets matched with money on the exchange at the time of the off if necessary, to bring the BSP closer to exchange prices.

https://promo.betfair.com/betfairsp/FAQ ... kings.html
Banthorpe

Hiya All

I am trying to sort out a bot and strugling with getting an accurate Take Sp. If I place a £500 Back Bet at say 2 and it comes in a few ticks or goes out for that matter I am trying to just take the liability out, so f I place a £500 Lay Bet at 1.01 with take Sp ticked it doesnt seem to get taken at all, it just seems to cancel it and if I put the £500 lay at say 1.5 with take sp ticked it doesnt just take out the liablty leaving me with a green running on the selection so not sure what I am missing Any help please
stueytrader

Out of interest, what's people's views on what kind of deal they get taking SP at the off - making heavy losses or feel it's a fair deal...?
ShaunWhite

stueytrader wrote:
Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:54 pm
Out of interest, what's people's views on what kind of deal they get taking SP at the off - making heavy losses or feel it's a fair deal...?
vs what?
Derek27

stueytrader wrote:
I only use it close to off as a precaution, and sometimes decide to let the trade close at BSP if the market is very weak. It's fairly random, sometimes you get a better than expected price, sometimes a worse price.

It may be a cognitive bias, but I feel I get a poor deal far more often than a good deal!
stueytrader

ShaunWhite wrote:
Tue Jul 24, 2018 2:07 pm
stueytrader wrote:
vs what?
Well, I guess vs something like Derek just posted - i.e. a feel for whether you felt ripped off on the SP return when closing out, or not...?

It would only be a 'guesstimate' vs the prices and money that you'd seen floating around before closing out.

I ask, because I'm certainly thinking of using this as an easier way to ensure a closed trade at (very seldom :oops: ) moments. I hope it would beat the returns I get in the alternative method - realise you've accidentally gone inplay without getting rid of any stake and frantically scramble while the price rapidly disappears the wrong way in an inevitable train....of course, I realise the SP would be a better deal than that scenario mostly.
ShaunWhite

stueytrader wrote:
Tue Jul 24, 2018 4:01 pm
ShaunWhite wrote:
Tue Jul 24, 2018 2:07 pm
stueytrader wrote:
vs what?
Well, I guess vs something like Derek just posted - i.e. a feel for whether you felt ripped off on the SP return when closing out, or not...?

It would only be a 'guesstimate' vs the prices and money that you'd seen floating around before closing out.

I ask, because I'm certainly thinking of using this as an easier way to ensure a closed trade at (very seldom :oops: ) moments. I hope it would beat the returns I get in the alternative method - realise you've accidentally gone inplay without getting rid of any stake and frantically scramble while the price rapidly disappears the wrong way in an inevitable train....of course, I realise the SP would be a better deal than that scenario mostly.
No need to guess, just capture the market data and compare the last LTP with the BSP which becomes availabe at about IP+1. I'm pretty certain the difference is under 0.1 % from memory. If there was a difference that amounted to a 'rip off' then I'd just automate it.
stueytrader

Thanks, certainly think it's a better option than other versions such as simply 'keep' betting, which runs the risk of not matching at all.

Return to “General discussion”