Bookings points query

A place to discuss anything.
Pagsy123

How many booking points would this be please.
The booking on 83, and the red were for the same player. The red was not a second yellow, but a straight red.
Screenshot_20180817-084526.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
spreadbetting

Was always 10pts a yellow and 25pts a red when I was spreadbetting so 75, a 2nd yellow for a sending off always counts as a red, never a red and another yellow so maximum points a player could get were 35 not 45.
Pagsy123

Thankyou for your reply, william hill won't pay me out on this, I backed over 65 booking points, but they're saying because the player who received the straight red, recieves the yellow on 83,then its only counting as 15 points and not 25. I've been betting on bookings for ages and know for a fact that if a player revieces a yellow, then later a second yellow or a straight red, then that player has got the maximum 35 points. So why they're saying that player has only got 25 points is beyond me.
spreadbetting

Which market did you bet on and was it a shop or online?

I guess the bit in bold could be considered as ambiguous, but you'd assume that was to stop the second booking being counted as 35 rather than the player's total being 25 including previous booking.

https://williamhill-lang.custhelp.com/a ... a_id/11658
Total Booking Points 3

Market Description

Predict the range of booking points scored in a match from: under 45 | 45-65 | over 65 using the following points system:

each yellow card shown = 10 | each red card shown = 25

Bets are settled on the events that occur in normal time. This includes any injury/stoppage time added on by the match official at the end of normal time. Extra time does not count unless otherwise stated.
The maximum score for a second bookable offence will be 25 points, which will be scored if a yellow card shown is immediately followed by a red card shown.
Pagsy123

Thanks for your reply.
So player was booked on 83 minutes.
94 minutes, same player hits someone, and recieves a straight red card (not a second yellow).
The player has 35 points yes???
spreadbetting

Yep the max a player should get is 35, I'd contact them, in the past I've had the spread firms settle corners and bookings incorrectly and correct them for me. Both Sporting Index and spreadex have the bookings total as 40 on their results pages so they can all make mistakes. If you can get the offical results page send them that. Was the red card durng extra time? Or after the final whistle had been blown or the way down the tunnel? Seems strange the spreads would miss a red card and a yellow by the look of it as your pic shows 5 yellows.

Looking at the will hill site they've settled as over 55 and 45-65 as the correct result so are taking the red into account, check with them to see what bookings they're using to settle with.

Total Booking Points 3 45-65 (21/10) Y
Total Booking Points 1 Over 45 (5/4) Y
Total Booking Points 2 Over 55 (27/10) Y
Pagsy123

Thanks
I've been betting on bookings for years on hills.
They just fob me off when I speak to them on the phone. They settled the market incorrectly, and, I think they missed a booking, and I'm just not getting anywhere with them. If you look at the total toronto cards, they've settled on 2-3, when they had 3 yellows and a red, which leads me to believe that whovere they use to settle missed a yellow. The one on 83 I think.
Have you any advice on how I can take this further, because like I said, when I call I just speak to someone who clearly has no idea what I'm talking about. They just fob me off, and won't let me speak to anyone more senior.
Screenshot_20180820-214953.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MemphisFlash

its a done deal. put it down to experience and dont use hiils again
spreadbetting

I see ESPN have the stats as 5 yellows and 1 red too.

Surely willhill have an email address, I'd send them an email with links to any offical body that has the MLS stats for the match , telephone customer service lines are usually useless as they dont have authority to change results. WillHill must have some dispute resolution process otherwise you have to contact their regulators or IBAS if you've exhausted their own internal dispute resolution.

There's also a complaints service you can use called resolver. Dunno how much the bet was worth but it's not a lot of effort to kick off a few emails so I wouldn't give up as easily as Memphis does if it's worth your while.

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/site/resolver/

https://www.resolver.co.uk/companies/wi ... ct-details

https://www.ibas-uk.com/
Pagsy123

Thankyou
It's worth £240, so I'm not prepared to just "put it down to experience".
I just wanted to be 100% clear, that I'm correct.

Return to “General discussion”