Betfair Exchange Trading Event

A place to discuss anything.
Trader Pat

So Betfair invite some 'handpicked VIP's' to a trading event to 'brush up on their trading skills'....

So this means the VIP's are straight bettors.... is this Betfair pushing the exchange or is there something else going on? Or am I just watching too much American political coverage and its just what it says on the tin?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Derek27

I attended a similar event about 10 years ago. It was a bit like being in a maths class - they actually asked individuals questions to test our knowledge. I wasn't overly impressed with the trading strategy they taught. We were each given an account with fifty odd quid in it and instructed to back the under 1.5 goals, green-up for a one or two tick profit, and then repeat. Can't see how you can make much doing that.

The general discussion about Betfair and trading matters was quite interesting though, and no complaints about the free food and beer. :D
Dallas

I'm a bit surprised to see Steve on there he seems to have dropped out of focus in the last year or so
LeTiss

Derek27 wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:08 pm
I attended a similar event about 10 years ago. It was a bit like being in a maths class - they actually asked individuals questions to test our knowledge. I wasn't overly impressed with the trading strategy they taught. We were each given an account with fifty odd quid in it and instructed to back the under 1.5 goals, green-up for a one or two tick profit, and then repeat. Can't see how you can make much doing that.

The general discussion about Betfair and trading matters was quite interesting though, and no complaints about the free food and beer. :D
Was that the education tour they done, run by the Aussie Scott Ferguson?

I attended one of them too - it was at Brighton racecourse, but it was a disaster - they had lots of laptops ready, but the WiFi wasn't working. I just ate the sandwiches and had a couple of beers
Trader Pat

Free food and beer is a plus but not sure how much you could 'learn' on a Friday night. Do you get to keep the £300 bonus?
Derek27

My course sounds more like the educational tour LeTiss attended - we certainly weren't offered a £300 bonus.

By the way, it's not a drink as much as you like night - we were just offered two beers, one at the beginning and one in the interval.
LeTiss

Derek27 wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:50 pm
My course sounds more like the educational tour LeTiss attended - we certainly weren't offered a £300 bonus.

By the way, it's not a drink as much as you like night - we were just offered two beers, one at the beginning and one in the interval.
Yes. We clearly attended the same course

Return to “General discussion”