Betfair settled my bet wrongly and now i have negative balance

A place to discuss anything.
cyxstudio

Apparently in the lyon game betfair forgot to suspend when a goal went in and i dont know what happened but My losing bet wad initially settled as a loss but later settled as a winner.

I was withdrawing part of my bank and after that felt strange why didnt my balance reduce then i realise it was settled as a winner. But then later they reverse decision and resettled it as a loser and also resettled a legit winning trade as void.

Now i have neg balance and pending withdrawal. What will happened now? Will my acc get frozen?
spreadbetting

Why not just cancel the pending withdrawal as its likely Betfair will if you don't. If they do let the withdrawal through they'll try and chase you for the outstanding balance and you'll only be able to use the account once it's in credit again.
cyxstudio

spreadbetting wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:58 pm
Why not just cancel the pending withdrawal as its likely Betfair will if you don't. If they do let the withdrawal through they'll try and chase you for the outstanding balance and you'll only be able to use the account once it's in credit again.
ok ill be honest. I am bitter because they voided my winning bet. Which makes my profit on that game goes into the losing territory. It was a completely legitimate trade, its not even in the market they fail to suspend after the goal, its a different market. They just voided everything after it.

btw, i received my funds in skrill. LOL
spreadbetting

cyxstudio wrote:
Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:57 am
[

btw, i received my funds in skrill. LOL
Sounds like you knew the bet was going to be reversed and got your money out quickly. Guess it now depends on how much a Betfair account means to you. Any money you put in will be used to clear the debt before you can bet and it'll depend on the amount as to how active Betfair will be to try and recover it as in the eyes of the law it is recoverable.

The fact you got the money out asap means they'd be unlikely to give any ex Gratia payment for the 'error' so I'd guess you'll just have to open a betdaq account and wait for the email if you're not paying up.
Dallas

Spreadbetting is right, you need to ask yourself is the amount you took worth having to now solely use Betdaq or trying to open another BF account which would need to be in someone else's name (who you trust), be able to provide all the KYC needed to go with it, also you won't be able to log in with the same IP/IP's address that you have used with this account.

Then after all that, they may still catch you take the money owed and suspend both accounts if they are able to determine your the same person through you betting activity and whatever other means they have at there disposal.
BetScalper

You could also end up with a mark on your credit file which will follow you everywhere for 6 years.
Kafkaesque

Add in - and this is, partly, speculative on my part - that I would in no way rule out the possibility that a number of bookmakers/exchanges have a collective Vegas style black book. Of the record on their part, clearly.
jimibt

Kafkaesque wrote:
Sun Nov 11, 2018 12:54 pm
Add in - and this is, partly, speculative on my part - that I would in no way rule out the possibility that a number of bookmakers/exchanges have a collective Vegas style black book. Of the record on their part, clearly.
they do - it's known as iesnare (mpsnare). it's a shared piece of code that is used by the main bookmakers to collectively NET account creations across multiple bookies (as well as monitor for duplicate accounts etc). it takes a machine snapshot and sends the fingerprint of that to a centalised body (iovation)!! You can block it by editing your hosts file etc, but it's pretty stealthy.

quick link to Caan mentioning it: https://caanberry.com/what-is-iesnare-how-to-block-it/
Kafkaesque

jimibt wrote:
Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:20 pm
Kafkaesque wrote:
Sun Nov 11, 2018 12:54 pm
they do - it's known as iesnare (mpsnare). it's a shared piece of code that is used by the main bookmakers to collectively NET account creations across multiple bookies (as well as monitor for duplicate accounts etc). it takes a machine snapshot and sends the fingerprint of that to a centalised body (iovation)!! You can block it by editing your hosts file etc, but it's pretty stealthy.

quick link to Caan mentioning it: https://caanberry.com/what-is-iesnare-how-to-block-it/
Interesting, cheers for that. I said (partly) speculative, because I had zero proof, but was pretty sure given the number of bookies, where I've been limited to extremely small stakes, the second I step in the proverbial door, as well as the many others I know experiencing the same.

Which means, to keep it on topic, to the OP (still assuming such a list is true) that time is ticking in terms of showing you're well-intentioned. Otherwise, it's not just whether you value Betfair for trading, but also whether it's worth being lumped in with exploitive punters across a large sections of bookies, possibly meaning limited access to (meaningful stakes on) non-premium markets and to promotions. Hope it was a big, old win ;)
BetScalper

Iesnare is also used by poker sites to catch people running automated poker bots and player collusion software. If it flags your account then your account and funds are seized and you won’t be getting either back unless you can afford a lengthy court case.

Return to “General discussion”