Coronavirus - A pale horse,4 men and ....beer

A place to discuss anything.
Derek27

:lol: He only went on a short 30-mile drive. :lol:

"In terms of the rules, I think that the em, I think that the er rules made clear that if you're dealing with small children than that could be, that can be exceptional circumstances, but I've explained why". :lol:
Derek27

Does anyone know the difference between careless, reckless and dangerous driving? Surely driving whilst believing that you might be blind should fall foul of one of those offences. :lol: And he claims that he acted responsibly. :lol:
Naffman

All this media coverage and hypocrisy of social distancing is almost letting Cummings off the hook, the more they cover it and harass his family the more people will stick up for him
Archery1969

I find it funny that the press have got nothing better todo than keep going on about what cummings did or didnt do. It is coming across as a bit of a witch hunt and could well back fire on them if Boris is forced to sack his friend.

If it happens and i was Boris then i would remove the press from all briefings, not allow any minister or MP to attend interviews, radio, newsnight, question time or write newspaper columns. Then i would bring in new laws to curb press freedoms.

Basically i would throw my dummy out of the cot. :lol:
Euler

I'm really tired of the press coverage of the pandemic, I just don't watch or read anything any more.

For the whole pandemic, they had an opportunity to be public advisors but they seem to spend most of their time just digging for a story.

God forbid if we went to war. Can you imagine in WW2 they would be trying to catch Churchill going into the war bunkers and get shots of him asleep in the afternoon?
Dallas

Euler wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 10:05 am
I'm really tired of the press coverage of the pandemic, I just don't watch or read anything any more.

For the whole pandemic, they had an opportunity to be public advisors but they seem to spend most of their time just digging for a story.

God forbid if we went to war. Can you imagine in WW2 they would be trying to catch Churchill going into the war bunkers and get shots of him asleep in the afternoon?
All over the weekend I never heard a single national reporter/presenter even pronoune 'Barnard Castle' correctly
Dallas

Just noticed it was exactly a year ago on Saturday gone that Theresa May stood outside Downing street and announced her resignation - how much has changed and happened in just one year in today's politics
greenmark

The 'daggers drawn' approach of the media to Cummings is pretty distasteful.
Hounding someone outside their home is pure provocation.
Perhaps the opposition wading in suggests they believe the real crisis is over.
Now they are just politcally manouevering.
But hey thats democratic, capitalist, consumerism.
Cummings must be worried. Media, constituents, opposition and tory back-benchers all lining up against him.
I've a funny feeling he'll spin his way out of this, bit 20% fall in govt popularity cant be ignored.
But for absolute definite people in my location think the "virus thing" is all over.
Nowt to do with Cummings though. It all went a bit berserk on Friday before the Cummings thing emerged.
greenmark

Forget what I just said, BBC just shown a fox running up Downing Street. Brilliant. i know farmers hate them but I love foxes. Oops off topic!!!
wearthefoxhat

greenmark wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 6:15 pm
Forget what I just said, BBC just shown a fox running up Downing Street. Brilliant. i know farmers hate them but I love foxes. Oops off topic!!!
That's cool... ;)
Derek27

What Cummings said, particularly about the DIY eyesight test really beggar's belief - you can expect daggers to be drawn until he's out, the more the better.

Something I heard on question time years ago that adequately describes Cummings: he's like a fly on your window screen as you drive down the motorway at 70mph - you wonder how the hell does it stay there?
greenmark

Derek27 wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 6:24 pm
What Cummings said, particularly about the DIY eyesight test really beggar's belief - you can expect daggers to be drawn until he's out, the more the better.

Something I heard on question time years ago that adequately describes Cummings: he's like a fly on your window screen as you drive down the motorway at 70mph - you wonder how the hell does it stay there?
Not heard that one!. Like it! :-)
superfrank

Cummings did nothing wrong.

It's simply a witch hunt by leftist Remoaners who hate him because he masterminded the Vote Leave campaign.

Violence and intimidation has always been part of the hard left's playbook. Recall what happened in the miner's strike to those that decided to return to work.
Emmson

superfrank wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 7:03 pm

It's simply a witch hunt by leftist Remoaners who hate him because he masterminded the Vote Leave campaign.

Violence and intimidation has always been part of the hard left's playbook. Recall what happened in the miner's strike to those that decided to return to work.
Drivel!
Derek27

superfrank wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 7:03 pm

Boris Johnson, under Cummings advice, could have all lefties lined against the wall and shot and you would say the same thing!

I notice you say he did nothing wrong but stopped short of justifying a sixty-mile drive to test his eyesight. I'd like to see some drunken drivers try that one: "I drank 5 pints of beer your honour, so I drove 12 miles home to see if I could do it safely". :lol:

Return to “General discussion”