Take SP

A place to discuss anything.
andyfuller

Recently Peter did a post about using Take SP to exit positions right up near to the off. Has anyone found this of any use. Every time I have used it the SP has returned worse than what I could have got out at as the gates open. There seems so little money is put on it that any reasonable amount of money just causes a worse SP to be returned.

I have now decided to stop using it.

What are other peoples experience?
Squirtle

I use it all the time, I put an order in wait for it to be filled and put another order in just before the off. If it gets filled great but if not SP takes it. I think its a neat trick.
andyfuller

Yeah it is good to ensure you exit your position but not much use if a tick or two either way is the difference between the trade being a winner or a loser.

I find just taking what is on offer just before the off works out better as everytime I have had a worse SP than what I could have taken - perhaps I have just been unlucky everytime.
Cran

everytime I have had a worse SP than what I could have taken
which would be good if you were closing your trade on the other side...
andyfuller

What I was tryign to say was that any reasonable amount of money seems to move the SP away from you so had I been on the other side it would have gone in the other direction and still be worse.

I am not talking about the Fav here btw.
Joao

I wish Betangel could have an option to always place bets as "Take SP" automatically. Most of the times trading the last 30-60 seconds is to avoid, but other times it's very easy to spot good oportunities. If this option was available I would trade the last seconds fearlessly. (Fears are related with betfair suspension issues or any kind of problem with the horse starting the race)

Return to “General discussion”