Peter Webb's course?!

A place to discuss anything.
lukep13

Im about to book Peter Webb's course..Just want to get someones opinion on it that has actualy attended it.

I have heard that the course only teaches you how to use BetAngel software....While others say that Mr Webb also teaches you important strategies and tricks that he uses in the markets? Just wondering what real description of the course is, because by the look of description it appears that it does both, teaches how to use the software but also strategies
brynley37

I haven't attended but considering he owns this forum and it's for people that use his API I'd say the chances of you getting an unbiased opinion are slim, similar to how you won't get an unbiased opinion if you asked this question on competitors forums for the opposite reason.
JollyGreen

The Master Class course doesn't really show you the functions of the software as such. Obviously Peter uses the software to demonstrate trades but that has to be expected.

It's worth attending as you will get a lot of information on the day on markets, trends, types of trade etc. He does show you some set-up procedures of the global settings for some types of trades but as I said, he has to do that.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

The course is there to teach you about the markets, if you read the web page it clearly has always said: -

"This course is focused on strategies and tactics rather than the software so it is advisable to get some use of software before attending the course."

Obviously Peter has to use software to demonstrate concepts and how to's so he has to use Bet Angel to do that. But a sales pitch for the software it is not, make you own mind up on people who are telling you that.

If you are unsure as to whether it is suitable for you, you are welcome to drop the guys a note and they can have a chat with you. There is obviously no point in trying to get people to come on a course if they are unsuitable so we will always try our best to advise you if it will be of any use.
Joao

As for myself, i have some months of experience. I overcomed almost all discipline issues (I never go In-play anymore, sometimes I can take a little more to close a losing trade but that's not often).
I'm also finding some markets very easy to read: the week after goodwood was pretty easy, I've made good profits every day. Others are very hard to me, like last two weeks and the goodwood week. (This week I didn't trade to recflect about the last loosing week :lol: )

How would the course be helpful to me?
hgodden

The course is a very good source of information and will give you new perspectives and ways of thinking about the markets that you probably did not have before. The strategies the course teaches are useful in certain situations, but obviously no strategies can be applied to every market. More than anything the information the course provides will give you the basis to form your own strategies.

My advice would be to anyone wanting to learn trading would be to have ask themselves seriously how much they want it and how far they are prepared to go in order to get there. Very few people become good traders without putting in a hell of a lot of effort and time. The course fee may seem like a big investment, but most likely in order to make it you will need to make a far bigger investment in terms of time and effort yourself. Anyone can learn a great deal from the course and it will only make you a better trader, but whether you make it or not will depend on your own efforts and endurance. If you are really prepared to go the extra mile to learn to trade professionally and perhaps change your whole lifestyle then the course fee will be irrelevant, particularly in light of what you can earn in the future if you make it.

If you go on the course I would advise beforehand thinking deeply about what you want to get out of it and what you would like to learn as there is ample opportunity to ask Peter questions.

Moreover I think that any strategy must suit you as a person and you can't really copy other people's trading styles anyway even if they did show you everything they did. The reason for this is that people are suited to different things - an analogy would be a striker trying to become a defender, it just aint gonna happen. Personally I have only managed to profit from a trading style that I developed myself and which suits me personally, but I know that it wouldnt suit many others
Last edited by hgodden on Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LeTiss

hgodden wrote:The course is a very good source of information and will give you new perspectives and ways of thinking about the markets that you probably did not have before. The strategies the course teaches are useful in certain situations, but obviously no strategies can be applied to every market. More than anything the information the course provides will give you the basis to form your own strategies.

My advice would be to anyone wanting to learn trading would be to have ask themselves seriously how much they want it and how far they are prepared to go in order to get there. Very few people become good traders without putting in a hell of a lot of effort and time. The course fee may seem like a big investment, but most likely in order to make it you will need to make a far bigger investment in terms of time and effort yourself. Anyone can learn a great deal from the course and it will only make you a better trader, but whether you make it or not will depend on your own efforts and endurance. If you are really prepared to go the extra mile to learn to trade professionally and perhaps change your whole lifestyle then the course fee will be irrelevant, particularly in light of what you can earn in the future if you make it.

If you go on the course I would advise beforehand thinking deeply about what you want to get out of it and what you would like to learn as there is ample opportunity to ask Peter questions.
Good advice mate

I've been a full-time trader for 15 months now, but 95% of my trading comes from Tennis & Football. I hate racing with a passion, and never seem to get it right. I'm intrigued by the consistent strike rates of Peter and Adam, and would love to tap into the horse markets, but lack the confidence. I'm contemplating going on the course, but not sure how much I would learn from it
neeeel

I went on the course just over a year ago.
I dont know if it was just me, but I didnt feel that I got much out of the course. It definitely didnt turn me into a profitable trader, but I think I just missed, or didnt grasp, the points that peter made on the course. Because they seem so obvious to him, there is no emphasis put on the really important points that novice traders need to know, so they can get lost amid all the other information that is there.
So, there is a lot of info but you need to know what to look for, and if you know what to look for, then you dont need to go on the course?
This is just my view, I know that a lot of people will have differing views, its all subjective
Westerner

LeTiss - your story is similar to mine except I'm mainly a cricket trader.

I've just booked to go on next month's course.

Return to “General discussion”