Autumn racing

A place to discuss anything.
hgodden

With the end of the summer I'd be interested to hear how people who've been around for a while view the upcoming seasonal changes in the racing fixtures. Some traders have been complaining to me about how much tougher its going to be during the jumps season, but personally last october was my best ever month, perhaps as I tend to stick only to the afternoon races so don't rely on the evening ones. You hear of people who've gone pro in the summer having to go back to work in the winter, but it doesn't really tally with my experience. Generally are betting volumes not the same for flat and jumps racing, or maybe even slightly higher in winter as liquidity is not spread to so many evening races as well? The only thing I hate about jumps races apart from the abandonments is national hunt flat races they are almost impossible to read!
Point2Point

Well it gets a lot tougher but I think that is just down to the lack of racing. I think the individual markets are fairly ok but if you foul up there are less get out of jails cards.
Quinny

Hmmm!
My 4 year old little girl drew me a lovely picture of our house.

When I asked why the grass was blue she told me the only crayons she had were red, blue and yellow.

We spent the next few minutes experimenting with her crayons.

Wow! what a clever little madam she is sometimes!

As an aside, I hadn't realised what a muck red, blue and yellow made. Yak!!!

Return to “General discussion”