Elliott Short - Remember Him?

A place to discuss anything.
LeTiss

I knew his BF P&L claims were total bullshit

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... -scam.html
Alpha322

LeTiss 4pm wrote:I knew his BF P&L claims were total bullshit

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... -scam.html
Well anyone that gives money to someone who claims will make money for them well more fool them, i have never believed in buying tipster services, betting systems etc most of all someone to run a betting coup on my behalf, i have always said stay in control of your own money. This game is a slow but profitable process, it is not for the quick buck, you just cannot do it, its like anything in life if you want it you have to put the work, time effort and your own cash in to get the rewards no one will do it for you
runningman

This post reminded me of something similar that occurred a couple of years ago:

http://www.gamblingcashcow.com/neil-bla ... or-120000/

I think the people that 'invest' in these scams have to take a certain amount of the blame. Trying to get rich quick or make easy money without the hard work that is involved is a mugs game.

Funny thing about this one is the Blonde poker community where alerted that this could be a scam very early on by an experienced trader but they backed Blatchly all the way, even to the point where the whistle blower was banned from the forum.
oscar123

He was in the betfair corporate box on grand national day about 4 years ago, then a few weeks later he was in the news of the world with his story!
Euler

This is just another in a long long list of gambling related scams. So many over the years, who can forget Centaur as well.

The problem is nobody seems to learn, even when you shout in there face people, including journalists just don't see it. But are happy to publicise the misery afterwards.
oscar123

At least his name actualy turned out to be real!

I remember at the time people thought it was a hoax as the article in the NOTW boasted about how he made lots of money laying short priced favourites, and his name, Elliot Short read like " I Lay It Short". !
freddy

Credit where credit is due, Betfair actually dealt with this situation pretty well i think,
if it had not been for their press statement then
i guess even more people would have been allegedly ;) conned.

May Sound harsh but fools and their money are soon parted.
Last edited by freddy on Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:38 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Iron

Guys,

I don't want to sound like a party pooper, but as the guy's trial has yet to take place I'm not sure that we should be discussing this.

'In law, sub judice, Latin for "under judgment", means that a particular case or matter is under trial or being considered by a judge or court. The term may be used synonymously with "the present case" or "the case at bar" by some lawyers.

In England and Wales, it is generally considered inappropriate to comment publicly on cases sub judice, which can be an offence in itself, leading to contempt of court proceedings. This is particularly true in criminal cases, where publicly discussing cases sub judice may constitute interference with due process.'

From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sub_judice

Jeff
Euler

LeTiss

Cases like this has a damaging impact on the credibility of our business, certainly in terms of public perception
steven1976

It's amazing what levels people go to when money is involved. They want to be your best mates one minute, but the next they will take a tenner out of your back pocket every time they go to the bar. I'm glad he's been found out as I agree there should be zero tollerence against fraud on the exchanges.
steven1976

I just read that it is basically only 2 people that were persuaded to part with their money for 400K & 200K.

It puzzles me as to why someone would fall for giving someone this amount for use on the exchanges. I wonder what his angle was for getting him to part with 400K that he couldn't have done with 50K as a tester.
Groovyelms

Hi all sounds like the classic "sting" operation, demonstrate either a cooked up piece of data or maybe in this case a genuine big betfar win, shows this to uncle george and let the greed do the rest... I am supprized the old Hunt for captin kydds treasure scam has'nt been around more often, send me 100.00 towards the expedition costs as I have in my possesion his only remaining map of where its buried...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Sting
groovy
Euler

Found the link to the original article: -

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=240&p=1348&hilit=elliot+short#p1348
steven1976

Quite amazing the greed that gets people to invest in any of these type or similar type schemes for a promised quick fast profit.

Return to “General discussion”