Rounding option for displayed Additional Information SSVs

Help improve Bet Angel.
Wolf1877

My suggestion is to provide a rounding option in the additional information settings, so that any SSV value displayed can optionally be rounded to x decimal places.
The objective would be to allow large numbers to be displayed in minimal space in the additional data area without displaying unnecesary noise of pennies and pounds.

The additional information tab in the ladder settings allows the contents of Shared Stored Values (SSVs) to be displayed during manual trading which I find a very useful feature. Providing a rounding option for display purposes would allow more display values to be squeezed into a single line of additional data without creating duplicate rounded SSVs purely for display purposes. I dont want to round the SSVs themselves as the decimal precision may be needed for accuracy in calculations.

For example I might display several SSVs on a single line of additional data. If one of my SSVs is a cumulative volume calculation containing say a value of 1152.32 and I display it in the Additional Info area then currently it will display the full 1152.32 value (with decimals) while I would prefer it to just display a rounded value of 1152. For 1 value that is no big deal but i sometimes display up to 10 SSV values in a single additional info line and in some cases I dont need to see the decimals which are occupying valuable screen space.

An additional related idea would be to allow display an integer rounded to to negative decimal places.
So you could round to say 3 decimals, 2 decimals, 1 decimal, 0 decimals (integer), -1 decimal (tens), -2 decimals (hundreds), -3 decimals (thousands)

e.g. if the SSV contained 1152.32 then the display values would be:
1152.230 with 3 decimals, 1152.23 with 2 decimals, 1152.2 with 1 decimal, 1152 with 0 decimals, 115 with -1 decimal, 12 with -2 decimals, and 1 with -3 decimals.

Return to “Suggestions”