HORSE RACING FORM ... can we add

Help improve Bet Angel.
MAGTRADEUK

We can add form, jockey and trainer as additional information, but could we also add things like course, corse and distance winner?
speedyhamster

and number of days since last run
Derek27

I should just point out that this information isn't attached to the Betfair API. It would have to be dug up from a reliable database.
paspuggie48

Derek27 wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:30 am
I should just point out that this information isn't attached to the Betfair API. It would have to be dug up from a reliable database.
Out of curiosity then, where does BA get this information?

Is there a way to add such info (e.g. 1st last time out), as part of a condition?
Derek27

paspuggie48 wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:33 am
Derek27 wrote:

Is there a way to add such info (e.g. 1st last time out), as part of a condition?
What information? Most of the information such as runners, prices, etc. comes from the Betfair API but it's purely trading information. Betfair wouldn't have any incentive to include form (which is available on the website) with the API. I'd imagine the excessive information would slow the connection down and wouldn't be of use to everyone.
spreadbetting

Derek27 wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:12 pm
paspuggie48 wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:33 am
Derek27 wrote:

What information? Most of the information such as runners, prices, etc. comes from the Betfair API but it's purely trading information. Betfair wouldn't have any incentive to include form (which is available on the website) with the API. I'd imagine the excessive information would slow the connection down and wouldn't be of use to everyone.
You get a lot more than just prices from the API, here's the runner meta data you get along with the silks etc You only call the race/runner data once so it doesn't add 'excessive' information, just used to form the market as once you call price refreshes the runner name etc isn't included you just match up with the runner data you've already downloaded.
[runners] => Array
(
[0] => stdClass Object
(
[selectionId] => 19679359
[handicap] => 0
[description] => stdClass Object
(
[runnerName] => Blackstone Cliff
[metadata] => stdClass Object
(
[SIRE_NAME] => Canford Cliffs
[CLOTH_NUMBER_ALPHA] => 5
[OFFICIAL_RATING] => 60
[COLOURS_DESCRIPTION] => Dark blue, royal blue seams, dark blue sleeves, royal blue diamond on cap
[COLOURS_FILENAME] => c20201123dun/00020347.jpg
[FORECASTPRICE_DENOMINATOR] => 2
[DAMSIRE_NAME] => Galileo
[WEIGHT_VALUE] => 137
[SEX_TYPE] => g
[DAYS_SINCE_LAST_RUN] => 10
[WEARING] => hood and tongue strap
[OWNER_NAME] => James C. Wallace
[DAM_YEAR_BORN] => 2007
[SIRE_BRED] => IRE
[JOCKEY_NAME] => Cillian McConnell
[DAM_BRED] => IRE
[ADJUSTED_RATING] => 0
[runnerId] => 19679359
[CLOTH_NUMBER] => 5
[SIRE_YEAR_BORN] => 2007
[TRAINER_NAME] => John McConnell
[COLOUR_TYPE] => b
[AGE] => 4
[DAMSIRE_BRED] => IRE
[JOCKEY_CLAIM] => 10
[FORM] => 548141
[FORECASTPRICE_NUMERATOR] => 9
[BRED] => IRE
[DAM_NAME] => D'addario
[DAMSIRE_YEAR_BORN] => 1998
[STALL_DRAW] => 7
[WEIGHT_UNITS] => pounds
)

)

[state] => stdClass Object
(
[adjustmentFactor] => 29.851
[sortPriority] => 1
[lastPriceTraded] => 3.6
[totalMatched] => 0
[status] => ACTIVE
)

[exchange] => stdClass Object
(
[availableToBack] => Array
(
[0] => stdClass Object
(
[price] => 3.55
[size] => 56.96
)

[1] => stdClass Object
(
[price] => 3.5
[size] => 24
)

[2] => stdClass Object
(
[price] => 3.45
[size] => 16.22
)

)

[availableToLay] => Array
(
[0] => stdClass Object
(
[price] => 3.65
[size] => 95.16
)

[1] => stdClass Object
(
[price] => 3.7
[size] => 58.89
)

[2] => stdClass Object
(
[price] => 3.75
[size] => 16.75
)

)

)

)

Derek27

spreadbetting wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:33 pm
You get a lot more than just prices from the API, here's the runner meta data you get along with the silks etc You only call the race/runner data once so it doesn't add 'excessive' information, just used to form the market as once you call price refreshes the runner name etc isn't included you just match up with the runner data you've already downloaded.
Sorry, I thought p48 was talking about more detailed form, such as past races, Timeform comments, etc.

What use that information is is beyond me. I can't see how a botter would find form figures or a horses sire useful and it's far too basic for more serious punters who are likely to have a more detailed form service.
spreadbetting

Serious punters and botters are usually two completely different kettles of fish.
Derek27

spreadbetting wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:10 pm
Serious punters and botters are usually two completely different kettles of fish.
They're different kettles of fish but I can't see how that information can be of use to either of them. Obviously though, there must have been some demand for it for Betfair to have included it.
spreadbetting

Loads of systems rely on things like jockey/trainer combinations, Clive Holt's fine form book sold by the bucket load and was pretty much based on the last three placings. Days since last run, sire, age, stall etc etc loads of info there for systems bettors just not form punters but they'd being doing a lot more to pick their selections.
Derek27

spreadbetting wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:55 pm
Loads of systems rely on things like jockey/trainer combinations, Clive Holt's fine form book sold by the bucket load and was pretty much based on the last three placings. Days since last run, sire, age, stall etc etc loads of info there for systems bettors just not form punters but they'd being doing a lot more to pick their selections.
I haven't hear of Fineform since my school days, early 80s. Positive Ratings cost £5, The Dawson System (a Martingale system) cost £20 and Fineform was somewhere in between. Although systems were popular at a time when overrounds were substantially higher than today with fewer bookies, betting tax was 10% and it was almost impossible to win, I would have thought exchanges with 100% overrounds would have made that sort of thing redundant. :)
paspuggie48

I'm not sure if my comment got lost in translation or I missed the plot.

What I was trying to ask for was to have an ability in the Conditions of a Rule to weed out or add certain selections criteria based on Form, Jockey or whatever.

That information is available to display on the Ladder 'Additional Information' (so it is there somewhere) and as we know one can transpose that data to the One-Click screen.

Screenshot 2020-11-24 102903.png

So, can this information not be part of a Condition? Let's say "only select a horse that has finished 3rd or better in it's last race and is trained by Jim Boyle?"
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MemphisFlash

interesting idea.
spreadbetting

You can export that API data to excel with other software so no reason why it can't be made available.
jimibt

spreadbetting wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 1:22 pm
You can export that API data to excel with other software so no reason why it can't be made available.
i love how anytime we see other software replaced in these messages, we know full well that it's referring to Geese Toy :D

Return to “Suggestions”