Suggestions

Help improve Bet Angel.
TraderGray

rogerpalmtree wrote:It would be useful to be able to green up in the one click screen after you have used the dutching/bookmaking feature. I'm sure there is a reason why this isn't possible, and the only way to do this at present is to close bet angel and open it again.
It is possible to do this via a spreadsheet bet placement and I have used it on a few occasions. It can be fraught with a few dangers, due to the time taken and calculations that have to take place, and I wouldn’t use in races with more than 8-10 runners.

You can get some very odd results with large fields but I guess it would be ok in the smaller outcome events like football match odds or tennis matches.
LeTiss

rogerpalmtree wrote:It would be useful to be able to green up in the one click screen after you have used the dutching/bookmaking feature. I'm sure there is a reason why this isn't possible, and the only way to do this at present is to close bet angel and open it again.
It's a good question, I'd be interested to know why BetAngel is unable to provide that facility
floyd

LeTiss 4pm wrote:
It's a good question, I'd be interested to know why BetAngel is unable to provide that facility
Very good point indeed as I have encountered instances when trying to Bookmake or Dutch and some of my bets haven't been matched and I have had to open a competitors Application to either green or red up :-(
osknows

I would like to see some enhancement to the automation and rules

1. Add check box to disable all automation after a rule is triggered once
2. Add checkbox to auto enable automation after event has gone into play
2. Greatly enhance rule conditions & triggers- Eg would be good to be able to trigger a rule if the next best price is within certain range. At the moment if I set rules to place a bet when a horse in play falls below 1.5 would be good to set a rule to do this only if he next lowest price was, say >10. There are loads of variations on this which could be achieved very easily.
osknows

Excellent idea

I often have situations where I've layed a horse in a market which I'm confident in losing. I want to be able to guarantee this profit and trade in this market seperately whilst ignoring the lay bet. Currently any trading in this situation results in reduced profit under most conditions.

Brent wrote:Ok, here is something that would be valuable for me.
The ability to reset the net amount, so any future bets on that selection would be independant of anything pre reset.

What I mean, if I worded it badly, is this.

Say I not only want to trade a runner, but I also want to bet on it.
Selection is 2.00. I lay it, or back it for that matter, for 1,000 @ 2.00. Now, my net position, is 1,000.
What I would want, is to have the ability to exclude that bet from any future net position. Ideally you would be able to select a bet to exclude from net.

Main thing this would benefit, would be any potential arbitrage opportunities between exchanges. You could exclude these bets from your trading on that selection.
An opportunity arises on another exchange, you trade it there. Then you have a zero trade position, even though you have a decent liability on that runner. You can trade it now for any amount, using any of the green out options, and it will only trade out any amount not including that initial bet. Then, you can also do the same thing again. Have another bet, that you can exclude again from any future trading you wish to do on that runner.

Maybe you could have something like a check box for Independant bet. Select that when you wish to place a bet that you do not wish to trade. Place the bet. Unselect the box, and get back to your trading. If another opportunity comes up, you select the box again, put the bet on, unselect it, and trade away.

I know this would personally make things alot easier for me, who tries to have alot of strings to my bow, rather than purely trading a single selection, on a single exchange.

Hopefully my rewording of this a few times has clued people on to what I am actually talking about. Probably a clean way to say what I want that isn't so longwinded, but is already done now, so deal with it. :)
pt9091

I would like to see a lay liabiloty option in the auto stake box as well as just the liability - what I mean is that that you tick the lay liability option and instead of the software getting £3.45 in the lay box and £20 in the back box it is £3.45 in the back and lay boxes? hope that makes sense - also this should be auto updating.
TheTub

pt9091 wrote:I would like to see a lay liabiloty option in the auto stake box as well as just the liability - what I mean is that that you tick the lay liability option and instead of the software getting £3.45 in the lay box and £20 in the back box it is £3.45 in the back and lay boxes? hope that makes sense - also this should be auto updating.
Isn't this set in the Rules tab - under 'Liability staking'. You can choose to set it like this.
LeTiss 4pm wrote:
I asked support this once.

They pointed me here - http://www.betangel.com/kb/?View=entry&EntryID=110
pt9091

Thanks to the Thetyb for pointing out the lay liabilty option on the rules tab! :D
Brent

pt9091 wrote:Thanks to the Thetyb for pointing out the lay liabilty option on the rules tab! :D
But does it actually address your issue? From what I read into your suggestion, it was exactly what I previously suggested, and the rules tab does nothing for it.

Here are the 2 scenarios attented to in the rules tab.
Liability to lay side only. Meaning, you get to set your own back stake, and liability on the lay side worked out.
Liability to back and lay. Meaning, the liability you set is ALWAYS the back amount.

What I believe you were requesting, is that the liability for an assumed lay bet, on both sides, be implemented as the stake. At least that is what I read, and that is also what I want.
I mean really, if you have your liability set at 1000, and you are backing at 200-1, your liability is 5 dollars to lay, 1000 dollars to back. WTF? Do you really want to risk 200 times more backing the horse first than laying it?

The back liability should be worked out the same as the lay liability, except on the opposing odds.

Now correct me if I am wrong here, but there is no rules or options that allow me to do that, which is afterall what was asked originally, solved, and thanked for, but wrong?
pt9091

Hi Brent,

You are indeed correct, I was meaning to come back yesterday with a post about this to correct myself, there is no option in the rules tab either for the suggestion that we are looking for - heres hoping we can get it soon! :D
TheTub

We are all wrong in some way. Me for not reading the question correctly and you guys for misunderstanding of the word 'liability'

Take Brents example (sorry Brent but you are wrong here) -
... if you have your liability set at 1000, and you are backing at 200-1, your liability is 5 dollars to lay, 1000 dollars to back. WTF? Do you really want to risk 200 times more backing the horse first than laying it?
'Liability' means risk. So your liability is not 5 dollars. It is 1000 dollars but the stake used is 5 dollars. So your risk (liability) is the same as the back side, 1000 dollars. You are not risking 200 times more. You are risking the same.

The liability staking can be set in the rules tab to apply to lay and back stakes or just the lay side only. Which is what I thought was being asked.

If you want the same stake on both sides then this is not liability staking. You are after other auto staking option - tick size. Here the stakes will stay the same on both the back and lay side of the book but automatically adjust themselves as the prices change.
Brent

TheTub wrote:We are all wrong in some way. Me for not reading the question correctly and you guys for misunderstanding of the word 'liability'

Take Brents example (sorry Brent but you are wrong here) -
... if you have your liability set at 1000, and you are backing at 200-1, your liability is 5 dollars to lay, 1000 dollars to back. WTF? Do you really want to risk 200 times more backing the horse first than laying it?
'Liability' means risk. So your liability is not 5 dollars. It is 1000 dollars but the stake used is 5 dollars. So your risk (liability) is the same as the back side, 1000 dollars. You are not risking 200 times more. You are risking the same.

The liability staking can be set in the rules tab to apply to lay and back stakes or just the lay side only. Which is what I thought was being asked.

If you want the same stake on both sides then this is not liability staking. You are after other auto staking option - tick size. Here the stakes will stay the same on both the back and lay side of the book but automatically adjust themselves as the prices change.
Maybe I worded it wrong, but that doesn't make what I said wrong. Your liability stake at 200-1 would be 5 dollars. Giving you a liability of 1000.
The 1000 liability back at opposing odds, of 1000 @ 200-1, needs a countering 1000 dollar lay, at 200-1, or 200,000 liability.
Either way you word it, you are risking your odds * liability setting, extra on a back, than a lay. It is all proportional.

And no,
THAT IS NOT WHAT IS WANTED.
Maybe I will slow things down for you, although not sure why, as it has been spelt out already, and you clearly aren't prepared to put the time in to read it.

But, anyway, here it is again.
Tick sizes is no good. That has nothing to do with liability. Here, you are staking the same at 3.05, as you are at 3.95. You are staking the same at 1.10 as you are at 1.99. That has nothing to do with liability.

Here, really slow for you. What is wanted. You set your liability. Here, we can call it liabilitySetting.
Formula should be.
Back.
liabilitySetting/(bestBackOdds-1).

Lay.
liabilitySetting/(bestLayOdds-1)

But it shouldn't even be set like that, that should be just the advisory prices. The actual bet that is put on, should be liabilitySetting/(requestedOdds-1).

This is the purest form of liability that you can have. The same opposing liability, whether you back or lay.
Here. I will even give you an example.
You have your liability setting (you will remember we called that liabilitySetting) set at 1000.
Odds of a horse trading at around 2.50.

You back the horse, succesfully, as it is on its way down.
You enter your back bet, at 2.50. The program recognises you wish the liability of the bet, 1000, to be represented by the bet size. It will place a bet for you as liabilitySetting(1000)/(oddsRequested-1)(1.5)
or 1000/1.5, or, for the people not even reading this, 666.67 dollar bet placed, at 2.5.

Without changing anything, you follow the horse as it comes into 2.2.
You now wish to lay the horse. With a simple click of the button, you lay at 2.2. The system recognises, that you wish your lay bet to be representative of a 1000 liability. It places the bet, 1000/1.2, or 833.33 at 2.2.
Or, if you wished to back it again still coming in, it would place the same 833.33 bet at 2.20 on the back size. Because the bet, is an actual representative of the requested liability.

I can't see why this wouldn't be a much better system than what is in place right now.
Right now, I use the liability option. But I have to change the preset stakes EVERY race, because I am not prepared to bet for a much larger amount, than what I am prepared to lay for.
The only difference with it, would be instead of having a zero net on that runner, meaning a free bet for it to win, you would now have a free bet on it to lose, or if it won, you get your money back. I am sure it could even be tweaked further.

Not sure how other people think, but when I think liability of a bet, I always think of it in investment terms, and winning probabilities. The actual liability of your bet, must take into account its chance of returning you money, and how much you need to invest before you will return to 100%. At odds of 200-1, to have a 1000 liability, your stake must be 5 dollars, because it will take you 200 bets of 5 dollars (1000 liability) to return your 100% stake.
Whereas, if you bet 1000 @ 200-1, you are betting to a liability of 200,000, because it will take you 200,000 dollars worth of bets to return your initial stake.
Seems a bit silly somebody risking so much on a bet when they only wanted a 1000 liability.
Brent

The actual reason I came here though, was to post this suggestions.

Have an option to enter a time in, of the data you want recorded.
You could have the "full market depth" type information, for a specified time period. So if you set it at 10 seconds, you can see the total activity from the previous 10 seconds. All monies traded at what prices etc.
Dabbla

HI I have a few more suggestions for BA to take in to consideration

1. If I have a couple of graphs open via bet guardian ,Would it be possible to click on one of the graphs and it takes me to that market ? This is something I think would make navigation of BA a little quicker and easier.
2. Highlight the cancel button in the ladder tool (the ones above the ladder) if there are unmatched bet on that side of the book or if possible the amount of unmatched bets.
3. Rules and market info .
4. Cancel or reset offsets .

Lets say I put a lay in at 1.7 for £1000 with 5 tick offset with fill or kill. £500 of that gets taken then the market moves 7 ticks up. So I close that £500 that’s already been taken but I still want to keep the £500 lay at 1.70 in the queue. The problem is that I still have a £1000 offset.
So is possible to reset the £500 lay keeping the offset without losing my place in the queue or just cancel the offset altogether ?

I would just like to say that I agree with brent's suggestion for the way liability stakes should be calculated. I have added a screen shot of a couple of ideas you might like to experiment with. You would probably have to add some more staking options and I am not sure how easy it would to add this feature to the ladder but if you could it would be good. Also as said in brent's post you need to use these options with the requested price not as it is at the moment .

Thanks
[img][img=http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/7137/balib.th.png][/img]
Nero Tulip

I have mentioned in the past that a binary staking method (and ladder for that matter) would be much simpler to use, i think this might solve the above issues mentioned.

Ie Win = 100. Lose = 0. You bet an amount per % point. So a £1 unit at evens (normally 2.0, but in this case 50) is a bet of £50 to win £50. The beauty of this system is that if you keep the staking set to the £1 unit, squaring off is extremely easy, you just bet the £1 unit in the other direction. eg, Price moves now to 80 (which is 1.25). You lay £1 unit (sell) at 80, leaving you square for 30 ticks (£30). It's simple and easy.

Return to “Suggestions”