Exchange streaming?

User to User support only. For technical support visit www.betangel.com/support/
tb_smoelf

Hi.

I'm trying to set the "Communications" tab to use Exchange Streaming".
But first, is dosen't look like in the video, and there is not an option to choose "20 milliseonds".

Can anybody tell me how to set this tab so i can use exchange streaming. See attached image.

Best, Tim
Dallas

Tick the 'use exchange streaming' box
tb_smoelf

Thanks.

I had got it all wrong :?

Thanks and sorry.

Best, Tim
renoo

sorry but could you explain please what exchange streaming means? is it a different video service? thanks
Dallas

renoo wrote:sorry but could you explain please what exchange streaming means? is it a different video service? thanks
No its the way Bet Angel gets the market info like the odds from Betfair, before the only way to get this was for Bet Angel to call (Poll) Betfair and ask for the latest market prices etc - the fastest it could do this was every 200ms (5 times a second).

With streaming this info can be refreshed to you every 20ms (50 times a sceond) and rather than continually calling (polling) betfair the infomation is sent by betfair only if something changes in the market which means overall a lot less calls going to Betfair therefore less stress on their severs and much faster response time for you the end user.
Abraquay

If i'm using automation at 20ms on say upto 100 greyhound races a day in practice and/or live mode will i incur any charges. I see the Tx figure at the bottom of the screen. Is there a limit on this ?
ShaunWhite

Abraquay wrote:If i'm using automation at 20ms on say upto 100 greyhound races a day in practice and/or live mode will i incur any charges. I see the Tx figure at the bottom of the screen. Is there a limit on this ?
If you search the forum for 'transaction charges' you'll find that people have had a wide variety of experiences, I'm not sure there is one simple answer. 1000 transactions per hour seems to be the benchmark, about 1 every 4 seconds. I know a large number of practice transactions are frowned upon; BF is afterall a business that survives on commission, not a free system testing facility.

https://www.betangel.com/forum/viewtopi ... 47&t=11378
jimibt

Abraquay wrote:If i'm using automation at 20ms on say upto 100 greyhound races a day in practice and/or live mode will i incur any charges. I see the Tx figure at the bottom of the screen. Is there a limit on this ?
the Tx (transactions) is purely related to bet placement transactions, not data pings, so you'll have similar Tx figures in polling and streaming mode if using the same rules/strategy.
LinusP

jimibt wrote:
the Tx (transactions) is purely related to bet placement transactions, not data pings, so you'll have similar Tx figures in polling and streaming mode if using the same rules/strategy.
However it seems they can be related as Betfair will penalise if you are polling but not placing bets. Enabling streaming may allow you to get away with using practise mode for extended periods.

Return to “Support”