Undocked Ladder in beta

User to User support only. For technical support visit www.betangel.com/support/
beepbeep20

I've just downloaded the latest beta version 1.27 (and I'd like to keep using it because the excel integration is very good). The question has nothing to do with excel.

The problem is when I'm trading on the ladder and have the ladder undocked.

I'll be clicking away happily (or sometimes clicking unhappily) when the main betangel application forces itself in front of the ladder. I can just click it away, but it's annoying.

Has anyone else noticed this ? (by 'main betangel application' I mean where it says 'ladder is in a separate window' - assuming you've got the ladder undocked)

I'm sure this didn't happen in the version before I downloaded the beta. I'm hopig there's a simple option I can select in settings to stop this.
SpikeyBob

Hi beepbeep20,

I used to have a similar setup as you and I have always noticed this as an issue. I don't have the problem any more as I no longer let my ladder window overlap with the main window. I got the strong impression that it was being caused by the desktop tab refreshing or running a script of some kind which caused it. This happened for me even though I had the one click screen focused in the main window.

I am mainly guessing here though and suspect that it would need someone from BA to confirm what causes this change in focus.

Have you tried pinning the ladder window? I never did this as I also have the undocked (large) clock over the top of my ladder window and need that to always be on top, so that is pinned instead.

Cheers

SB
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

The ladder will take focus if the mouse wanders over it (this is necessary otherwise the mouse wheel won't scroll the ladder up & down). However, we haven't seen the main window take focus away from the ladder. We'll look into it, but could you give us a few more details....

How frequently does the main window jump to the front?

Does it matter which tab you are showing in the Bet Angel window behind the Ladder (One-click, Desktop etc) ?

Do any message boxes appear before the window switch (e.g. are you using the popup bet confirmation window? )

Does it make any difference if the main window is in a maximised state behind the ladder?

And finally as SB suggested, what happens if you Pin the ladder as the top most window?
beepbeep20

Thanks guys for the replies so quickly.

I'll take close notice this afternoon exactly when it happens.

Whether the ladder is pinned or not and whether it depends on what page is on the main betangel application.

I'll post back with more details after racing this afternoon.
beepbeep20

OK it happens fairly reliably, at a guess I'd say every 30/45 mins.

Here's what I do: I open betangel, select the ladder tab then undock it and maximise the ladder screen (I'm using a laptop, so it's not huge) + start clicking away.

I've tried having various tabs selected in the main BA application (in the background so to speak), it doesn't seem to make a difference. Having the ladder pinned might make a small difference, it seems to do it less when it's pinned.

The main BA app clicks & brings itself in front of the ladder (it's the same click that happens in IE when there's a web page being refreshed etc. or you click on a link)

I'm using Windows Vista & normally I use Chrome for surfing.
SpikeyBob

... I can confirm that the behaviour you are seeing is the same as what I used to see, with the refresh clicking noise occurring. This is what led me to believe that it was the desktop page refreshing itself. I think also, very rarely I would get a pop-up 'a scripts not running properly' on the page which also gave me the idea that it was something to do with the desktop page refreshing.

I was scared that if it happened when I was clicking my mouse, I could easily put an undesired order into the market on the one click screen and was ultimately why I changed my screen layout to what I use now.
beepbeep20

SpikeyBob, yes I also wonder if it's something to do with the desktop tab: as you say the click is the same as you'd get in internet explorer clicking on a link or refreshing.

In fact I was just updating a spreadsheet (an excel spreadsheet not linked to BA) and the BA app clicked and brought itself in front of the spreadsheet. So it's not just the ladder that get's pushed behind.

I've only had this behaviour in the beta version, so I might downgrade for a while to the older version.

Now a pat on the back for the developers: although I'm a new user I recently tried nearly all the betfair approved apps and BetAngel was head and shoulders above the others.
mickey

I also get this problem with pretty much the same set up. I do not pin the ladder window when it is open. I tend to have the ladder window open and the main BA screen behind it with the 'micro chart' visible to the right. I can be clicking away quite happily on the ladder with the mouse no where near the micro charts and then bang the main BA window pops up in front. To get the ladder back I just move the mouse over the ladder window. I've tried switching off the aero setting but that didn't help.

I've timed it tonight and it happens at exactly 5min intervals

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
BA v1.27.0
mickey

Update: After I posted the above I monitored the windows again and the main BA window popped up in front of the ladder and my post above was now displayed on the desktop page under 'latest forum posts' thus it looks like it is definitely linked to the refresh of the desktop page in the main BA window.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

Thanks for trying to isolate it. We've tested it on a similar platform here and haven't recreated the issue yet.

Could everyone that's seeing this issue let us know the following:

Which version of Internet Explorer do you have installed?
Which version of Windows are you using?
Make and model of video card (if known)?
mickey

Peter, hope this helps

IE v8.0.7600.16385
Bet Angel v1.27.0
Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
Graphics - ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4200
mickey

Think I may have found the issue.

Internet Options / Security / Custom Level / Miscellaneous / Allow Meta Refresh

This option was 'Enabled' on mine, selected 'Disabled' and it appears to have fixed the issue.

Return to “Support”