Logic over emotion

Trading is often about how to take the appropriate risk without exposing yourself to very human flaws.
steven1976

Sounds like you have turned the corner. Last time I chucked 7 quid into the market I aggressively got filled! It was an 80/1 shot and suddenly all the layers decided to offer 300 quid once they got the better side of me. I almost couldn't believe how all the backers lwft :D :shock:
JollyGreen

Dmbusa This will probably be a bit late but I think you've been caught by the change in money flow. The problem with evening racing is there is often just the one meeting (unless it's the summer) and people will start to play the meetings early. It is almost impossible to know when the money will increase and that is why it is so easy to get caught out.

However, as already mentioned if you are happily scalping for one tick and it moves against you GET OUT! It can sit nice and still for 5 minutes as you mentioned but once the money starts to flow, even temporarily, it can move the price a long way from your position.

So rather than this post sounding like a "I told you" post I would simply say be aware of the money flow. Keep an eye on the increase of £ per second and when it rises be ready to exit.
redtra

JollyGreen wrote:Dmbusa This will probably be a bit late but I think you've been caught by the change in money flow. The problem with evening racing is there is often just the one meeting (unless it's the summer) and people will start to play the meetings early. It is almost impossible to know when the money will increase and that is why it is so easy to get caught out.

However, as already mentioned if you are happily scalping for one tick and it moves against you GET OUT! It can sit nice and still for 5 minutes as you mentioned but once the money starts to flow, even temporarily, it can move the price a long way from your position.

So rather than this post sounding like a "I told you" post I would simply say be aware of the money flow. Keep an eye on the increase of £ per second and when it rises be ready to exit.

Is that the same as weight of money Jollygreen?
dmbusa

Hi JG

Thank you for the pointer on the evening meetings etc.

Simon
LinusP

redtra wrote:
JollyGreen wrote:Dmbusa This will probably be a bit late but I think you've been caught by the change in money flow. The problem with evening racing is there is often just the one meeting (unless it's the summer) and people will start to play the meetings early. It is almost impossible to know when the money will increase and that is why it is so easy to get caught out.

Is that the same as weight of money Jollygreen?
Jolly is referring to volume and volume per second, money is what fuels the markets and thus dictates its direction.
redtra

Thanks LinusP, I'll have a look at that.

Return to “Trading Psychology”